Restoring Share Names and Permissions

I am using Veritas Backup Exec 9.0 with the IDR option and for disaster
recovery purposes would like to be able to restore my W2k file server along
with all share names and permissions. Veritas says this is not possible. I
have found the recommendation MS has for saving and restoring shares. Does
anyone know of any utility or software that will allow share names and
permissions to be restored to a different server, if the original server is
lost? Thanks, Gwen.
1 answer Last reply
More about restoring share names permissions

    I had to move users shares and folders onto a new server and by exporting
    the REG setting below manged to restore all the shares and permissions, the
    server will need to be a member on the domain

    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\lanmanserver\Shares
    "Restoring Share Names and Permissions" <Restoring Share Names and
    Permissions@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I am using Veritas Backup Exec 9.0 with the IDR option and for disaster
    > recovery purposes would like to be able to restore my W2k file server
    > along
    > with all share names and permissions. Veritas says this is not possible. I
    > have found the recommendation MS has for saving and restoring shares. Does
    > anyone know of any utility or software that will allow share names and
    > permissions to be restored to a different server, if the original server
    > is
    > lost? Thanks, Gwen.

File System Permissions Windows