XP Offline (/w Windows 2003 Server File System) and NetScr..

Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
November 24, 2004 2:05:01 AM

I am assessing the feasibility of using the Offline file access of XP and
backend Windows 2003 Server File System. It works fine when the XP
workstation is in LAN environment.

Meanwhile, I plan to let my mobiles users use this Offline (map the drive to
Windows 2003 Server File System) feature over NetScreen SSL VPN. Is there
anyone call tell the configuration on SSL VPN and any advice on this kind of
setup?

Thanks.
Anonymous
November 25, 2004 3:53:46 PM

Terence wrote:
> I am assessing the feasibility of using the Offline file access of XP
> and backend Windows 2003 Server File System. It works fine when the
> XP workstation is in LAN environment.
>
> Meanwhile, I plan to let my mobiles users use this Offline (map the
> drive to Windows 2003 Server File System) feature over NetScreen SSL
> VPN. Is there anyone call tell the configuration on SSL VPN and any
> advice on this kind of setup?
>
> Thanks.

See http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;q290523 -
I personally dislike Offline Files (have had/seen too many problems with
it). I use a third party utility called SecondCopy 2000 from
www.centered.com - it's inexpensive & they have a free 30-day eval (fully
functional) last I checked. Point My Documents at a local folder on the
laptop and set up a full automated sync - this will work whether they're on
the LAN or working via VPN, as long as the server is reachable & name
resolution is working.
!