XP Offline (/w Windows 2003 Server File System) and NetScr..

I am assessing the feasibility of using the Offline file access of XP and
backend Windows 2003 Server File System. It works fine when the XP
workstation is in LAN environment.

Meanwhile, I plan to let my mobiles users use this Offline (map the drive to
Windows 2003 Server File System) feature over NetScreen SSL VPN. Is there
anyone call tell the configuration on SSL VPN and any advice on this kind of
setup?

Thanks.
1 answer Last reply
More about offline windows 2003 server file system netscr

    Terence wrote:
    > I am assessing the feasibility of using the Offline file access of XP
    > and backend Windows 2003 Server File System. It works fine when the
    > XP workstation is in LAN environment.
    >
    > Meanwhile, I plan to let my mobiles users use this Offline (map the
    > drive to Windows 2003 Server File System) feature over NetScreen SSL
    > VPN. Is there anyone call tell the configuration on SSL VPN and any
    > advice on this kind of setup?
    >
    > Thanks.

    See http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;q290523 -
    I personally dislike Offline Files (have had/seen too many problems with
    it). I use a third party utility called SecondCopy 2000 from
    www.centered.com - it's inexpensive & they have a free 30-day eval (fully
    functional) last I checked. Point My Documents at a local folder on the
    laptop and set up a full automated sync - this will work whether they're on
    the LAN or working via VPN, as long as the server is reachable & name
    resolution is working.

File System Windows XP Windows Server 2003 Servers Windows