Homebuilt : Performance loss?

Kolt

Distinguished
Sep 3, 2006
Hi guys,

I have been consistantly "building" my pc, upgrading it here and there from time to time. I just recently purchased and successfuly installed a new processor, updating the BIOS in the process. Anyways, I have been having slight problems with performance lately and I cannot seem to figure out why. My pc is clean of all spyware and malware, and nothing is overclocked (other than GPU factory overclocked) or configured outside of standards. I am beggining to think that perhaps my BIOS settings are not correct. I recently purchased a new processer, going from a Singlecore (AMD 3200+) to what I am using right now (AMD 64 4600+x2). I have noticed that on benchmark scores that my video, sata-harddisk, CPU, and memory scores are lower than standard by not too much, but enough for me to worry. I have a program called NVTune that has a feature called NVMonitor that shows real-time pc stats. Under voltages I get a red alarmed status under my CPU and Memory. CPU voltage is 1.3000 and Memory is 2.6000. I am uncertain to what the correct values are, and I am worried that all this can be related and may cause damage in the future, along with slower performance that I am currently noticing. What values should my BIOS be set to? What else could be causing this performance loss?

I am using drivers: "6.86_nforce_win2kxp_international_whql" for my motherboard, "91.47_forceware_winxp2k_english_whql" for my video, and have not modified any system settings.

please help!

references can be seen : http://service.futuremark.com/orb/projectdetails.jsp?projectType=14&projectId=472892

and

http://www.Urban-silence.com/other/stuff/TEMP/9_3_06_specs.JPG

Specs are:

Windows XP SP2
Nvidia Geforce 7600GT PCX
AMD 'Hammer' Athlon 64 4600+X2 ; Real Clock/Effective clock: 200Mhz
2 gigs Dual Channel DDR400 ; Real clock 201Mhz, Effective 412Mhz
100Gig SATA Maxtor Harddrive
Chaintech Nvidia vnf4 Zenith VE motherboard running BIOS date 07/19/05

Please help!

dougie_boy

Distinguished
Jun 15, 2006
Windows XP SP2
Nvidia Geforce 7600GT PCX
AMD 'Hammer' Athlon 64 4600+X2 ; Real Clock/Effective clock: 200Mhz
2 gigs Dual Channel DDR400 ; Real clock 201Mhz, Effective 412Mhz
100Gig SATA Maxtor Harddrive
Chaintech Nvidia vnf4 Zenith VE motherboard running BIOS date 07/19/05

Please help!

what core is ur CPU??

Hammer is not a core type.. and i did not think it was a type of X2 range...

post a screen grab from CPUz and some better specs