IPAQ 3835 won't sync

January 10, 2005 10:25:50 PM

Okay I'm going to ask this question as I really need the help. My IPAQ
won't sync with my computer, when I place it in the cradle it says that
it is connected to the computer and the user is verified, but when I try
to sync it says it can't find the ipaq, any suggestions? any help will
be greatly appreciated.

More about : ipaq 3835 sync

Anonymous
January 11, 2005 1:10:30 AM

On Mon, 10 Jan 2005 19:25:50 -0700, Carol Katz <clkatz@rushmore.com> wrote:

> Okay I'm going to ask this question as I really need the help. My IPAQ
> won't sync with my computer, when I place it in the cradle it says that
> it is connected to the computer and the user is verified, but when I try
> to sync it says it can't find the ipaq, any suggestions? any help will
> be greatly appreciated.

You could try soft resetting the iPAQ. Also, if you have recently
installed any virus scanners or firewall software, you might want to try
disabling it to make sure you can still connect.

--
Brad Isaac
editor-in-chief, www.pocketpcaddict.com

Brad Isaac wrote:

> On Mon, 10 Jan 2005 19:25:50 -0700, Carol Katz <clkatz@rushmore.com> wrote:
>
>> Okay I'm going to ask this question as I really need the help. My
>> IPAQ won't sync with my computer, when I place it in the cradle it
>> says that it is connected to the computer and the user is verified,
>> but when I try to sync it says it can't find the ipaq, any
>> suggestions? any help will be greatly appreciated.
>

> You could try soft resetting the iPAQ. Also, if you have recently
> installed any virus scanners or firewall software, you might want to
> try disabling it to make sure you can still connect.

I've tryed the soft reset and that didn't work, any other suggestions,
I'm trying everything that's suggested, what it's saying is that it
can't find a modem at my computer, but I'm cable and it shouldn't be
trying to dial a modem.
Anonymous
January 11, 2005 9:47:01 AM

Carol Katz <clkatz@rushmore.com> wrote:

>Brad Isaac wrote:
>
>> On Mon, 10 Jan 2005 19:25:50 -0700, Carol Katz <clkatz@rushmore.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Okay I'm going to ask this question as I really need the help. My
>>> IPAQ won't sync with my computer, when I place it in the cradle it
>>> says that it is connected to the computer and the user is verified,
>>> but when I try to sync it says it can't find the ipaq, any
>>> suggestions? any help will be greatly appreciated.
>>

>> You could try soft resetting the iPAQ. Also, if you have recently
>> installed any virus scanners or firewall software, you might want to
>> try disabling it to make sure you can still connect.
>>
>I've tryed the soft reset and that didn't work, any other suggestions,
>I'm trying everything that's suggested, what it's saying is that it
>can't find a modem at my computer, but I'm cable and it shouldn't be
>trying to dial a modem.

Check Internet Explorer's connection settings. Tools|Internet
Options|Connection Tab. It should be set to "Never dial a connection."