Abit or Asus?

zeapoorte

Distinguished
Jul 15, 2006
Hi every body and thanks for helping me
I have heard rumers about Abit moboes confliction with other devices such RAM,Graphic accelerators and ..
and I already knew that ASUS is the greatest Mobo manufacture
Please help me to chose between Abit KN9-Ultra and ASUS M2N-E (both based on Nforce 570 ultra chipset and socketAM2)

killtacular

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2006
Listen, stay away from Asus and especially M2N-E. You will have nothing but problems, like me. Read the reviews on Newegg. Just stay away from Asus. They are not the greatest, far from it...

I suffered reboots every 30mins and the CPU temp was 50 degrees idle. This is with the M2N-E. WTF!

I eventually got the Gigabyte GA-57SLI-S4 for my AM2 X2 4600+. Best decision I have ever made. No more freezing and restarts like the crappy Asus board.

Go Gigabyte, you will not regret it. Plus my system CPU is now 28 degrees idle. Much better I say.

buzz_X

Distinguished
May 14, 2006
Yeah,

Stay away from the Asus boards, they just don't have the quality they used to have...high priced piece s**t !

htoonthura

Distinguished
May 21, 2006
Hi every body and thanks for helping me
I have heard rumers about Abit moboes confliction with other devices such RAM,Graphic accelerators and ..
and I already knew that ASUS is the greatest Mobo manufacture
Please help me to chose between Abit KN9-Ultra and ASUS M2N-E (both based on Nforce 570 ultra chipset and socketAM2)

if i am building a new system now, i would choose abit.

tehrobzorz

Distinguished
Jul 30, 2006
woah lol

anti - asus thread now? hehe i know asus have quite a few probs.. - mostly with ram but they do in fact make really good boards! with them its a bit of hit or miss... both my p4mxse and m2ndel havent had any problems since box.

anyways.. both boards are good. look around the net for some reveiews

http://www.motherboards.org/

there would be a good start to see if anything can fit waht your looking for

goldragon_70

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2007
It's not just with memory, I've have a motherboard that won't let me boat and /or install windows xp. Plus there were problems that would pop up with every new Bios Revision. I have seen more negative responses with Asus as a whole then Gigabyte, Abit, MSI, and any other motherboard manufacturer. But wusy is right; you need to research every mother board you consider. I'm probably going to go with the Abit AB9 over the Asus P5B - E because that abit is recommended for better overclock, and (when the Intel chipset was giving a problem) less picky about ram. But the Asus P5B - E Deluxe (I think), considered a good over clocker, but a bit more then I wanted to spend.

smitbret

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2002
I'd run with the Abit or even a DFI Infinity board before the Asus. A good Gigabyte will treat you well, too, but the Abit and DFI boards are probably gonna be better oveclockers.
-Brett

TRENDING THREADS