Epson C84 problem

Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers,alt.epson.printers (More info?)

Following a poor printing results
I ran Nozzle Check.

The pattern was solid (good!) on:
Black, Magenta & yellow.
Very broken (mostly a few ink dots) on Cyan.

Having plenty ( >> 50% ) of ink..
I ran head cleaning. And again.
Tried to print.
"Well Square one"

Just for "good measure" replaced
the Cyan with a new one.

Repeat. repeat.

Results: Same, same

Please adise,
Thanks
Uzi Barzilai
15 answers Last reply
More about epson problem

    You would have to do more than one clean cycle, I do them on the rare
    occasion they are needed in pairs, then a third and leave the printer for a
    couple of hours then another nozzle test. If still bad you could try a purge
    print of the offending colour there are many examples on the internet if
    that fails purchase cleaning carts for your c84.

    "Uzi Barzilai" <uzib@comcast.net> wrote in message
    > Following a poor printing results
    > I ran Nozzle Check.
    >
    > The pattern was solid (good!) on:
    > Black, Magenta & yellow.
    > Very broken (mostly a few ink dots) on Cyan.
    >
    > Having plenty ( >> 50% ) of ink..
    > I ran head cleaning. And again.
    > Tried to print.
    > "Well Square one"
    >
    > Just for "good measure" replaced
    > the Cyan with a new one.
    >
    > Repeat. repeat.
    >
    > Results: Same, same
    >
    > Please adise,
    > Thanks
    > Uzi Barzilai

  2. Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers,alt.epson.printers (More info?)

    Contact me at:

    e-printerhelp(at)mvps(dot)org
    (at)=@
    (dot)=.

    and I will provide you with a free copy of my Epson cleaning guide which
    explains how to resolve this problem with your C84.

    Art

    Uzi Barzilai wrote:

    > Following a poor printing results
    > I ran Nozzle Check.
    >
    > The pattern was solid (good!) on:
    > Black, Magenta & yellow.
    > Very broken (mostly a few ink dots) on Cyan.
    >
    > Having plenty ( >> 50% ) of ink..
    > I ran head cleaning. And again.
    > Tried to print.
    > "Well Square one"
    >
    > Just for "good measure" replaced
    > the Cyan with a new one.
    >
    > Repeat. repeat.
    >
    > Results: Same, same
    >
    > Please adise,
    > Thanks
    > Uzi Barzilai

  3. Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers,alt.epson.printers (More info?)

    In message <4ktLe.209312$5V4.127393@pd7tw3no>, Arthur Entlich
    <e-printerhelp@mvps.org> writes
    >Contact me at:
    >
    >e-printerhelp(at)mvps(dot)org
    >(at)=@
    >(dot)=.
    >
    >and I will provide you with a free copy of my Epson cleaning guide
    >which explains how to resolve this problem with your C84.

    I know people seem quite keen on your guide there, I was wondering, is
    there any reason why you don't shove it on a web/ftp site somewhere for
    people to download at will, rather than people asking you to email it
    however many times a week?

    --
    Timothy
  4. Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers,alt.epson.printers (More info?)

    Yes, there is.

    Art

    me@privacy.net wrote:

    > In message <4ktLe.209312$5V4.127393@pd7tw3no>, Arthur Entlich
    > <e-printerhelp@mvps.org> writes
    >
    >> Contact me at:
    >>
    >> e-printerhelp(at)mvps(dot)org
    >> (at)=@
    >> (dot)=.
    >>
    >> and I will provide you with a free copy of my Epson cleaning guide
    >> which explains how to resolve this problem with your C84.
    >

    > I know people seem quite keen on your guide there, I was wondering, is
    > there any reason why you don't shove it on a web/ftp site somewhere for
    > people to download at will, rather than people asking you to email it
    > however many times a week?

  5. Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers,alt.epson.printers (More info?)

    In message <AFFMe.231911$s54.105618@pd7tw2no>, Arthur Entlich
    <e-printerhelp@mvps.org> writes
    >Yes, there is.

    Lol, what a response! Is there some sort of copyright issue or something
    then?

    >me@privacy.net wrote:
    >
    >> In message <4ktLe.209312$5V4.127393@pd7tw3no>, Arthur Entlich
    >><e-printerhelp@mvps.org> writes
    >>
    >>> Contact me at:
    >>>
    >>> e-printerhelp(at)mvps(dot)org
    >>> (at)=@
    >>> (dot)=.
    >>>
    >>> and I will provide you with a free copy of my Epson cleaning guide
    >>>which explains how to resolve this problem with your C84.
    >> I know people seem quite keen on your guide there, I was wondering,
    >>is there any reason why you don't shove it on a web/ftp site
    >>somewhere for people to download at will, rather than people asking
    >>you to email it however many times a week?

    --
    Timothy

    > me@privacy.netwrote:
    Quote:

    > I know people seem quite keen on your guide there, I was wondering,
    is
    > there any reason why you don't shove it on a web/ftp site somewhere
    for
    > people to download at will, rather than people asking you to email
    it
    > however many times a week?
    >
    > --
    > Timothy

    A good point, whats the secret Art?

    Davy

    My Epson clogged on the 2nd day, the replacement clogged on the 4th
    day all with Epson inks.

    I went for a Canon ip5000 had it about three months it not clogged nor
    wanted any head print test yet, mind you I'm using Canon ink.

    One thing no one has told you is not to apply more than about 6
    continuous head cleans. Epson tech told me this will damage the
    heads, no mention of it in the manual is there?

    Davy
  8. Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers,alt.epson.printers (More info?)

    me@privacy.net wrote:

    > In message <AFFMe.231911$s54.105618@pd7tw2no>, Arthur Entlich
    > <e-printerhelp@mvps.org> writes
    >
    >> Yes, there is.
    >

    > Lol, what a response! Is there some sort of copyright issue or something
    > then?

    Yes, there is. ;-)

    The reason I'm being a bit coy and terse is I have been through this
    discussion several times before. Let's just leave it that there are
    many reasons, some legal, some intellectual property, some liability,
    and some having to do with providing better and more personalized
    service to people who need information.

    Art

    >> me@privacy.net wrote:
    >>
    >>> In message <4ktLe.209312$5V4.127393@pd7tw3no>, Arthur Entlich
    >>> <e-printerhelp@mvps.org> writes

    >>> I know people seem quite keen on your guide there, I was wondering,
    >>> is there any reason why you don't shove it on a web/ftp site
    >>> somewhere for people to download at will, rather than people asking
    >>> you to email it however many times a week?

    It won't damage the heads, but it will damage your wallet and just
    wastes a lot of ink and uses up the waste ink counter numbers/waste ink
    pads.

    Art

    Davy wrote:

    > My Epson clogged on the 2nd day, the replacement clogged on the 4th
    > day all with Epson inks.
    >
    > I went for a Canon ip5000 had it about three months it not clogged nor
    > wanted any head print test yet, mind you I'm using Canon ink.
    >
    > One thing no one has told you is not to apply more than about 6
    > continuous head cleans. Epson tech told me this will damage the
    > heads, no mention of it in the manual is there?
    >
    > Davy

  10. Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers,alt.epson.printers (More info?)

    In message <VXYMe.39887$vj.21817@pd7tw1no>, Arthur Entlich
    <e-printerhelp@mvps.org> writes
    >The reason I'm being a bit coy and terse is I have been through this
    >discussion several times before. Let's just leave it that there are
    >many reasons, some legal, some intellectual property, some liability,
    >and some having to do with providing better and more personalized
    >service to people who need information.

    Fair enough, I presume in that case it involves all the essential of
    computer repairs - sacrificing goats, saying three Hail Marys and
    judicious application of a hammer!

    --
    Timothy

    > Arthur Entlichwrote:
    It won't damage the heads, but it will damage
    your wallet and just
    > wastes a lot of ink and uses up the waste ink counter numbers/waste
    ink
    > pads.

    I trust you mean the Epsons, I sure did waste good ink and put money
    down the pad (err, drain) on a regular basis so I switched to
    alternatives - and they still clogged, both of em are in a big hole
    in the ground.

    I've no gripe with the Canon, the ink ain't wasted and getting flushed
    trying to get it to print right.

    With the Epson you had to check the prints after printing, with the
    Canon you can print knowing they come out OK - sheer bliss, if it
    went 'kaputt' I'd go out and buy another, can't say that about
    Epson.

    If the intellegence of Messers Seiko Epson was ample to be of use,
    maybe they would realise overpricing their ink's are fleecing
    themselves out of pocket, because people are going to resort to
    filling and using alternatives, if they were reasonably price and
    their printers was a little more reliable and did'nt waste ink maybe
    they would gain more sales.

    Alot of people are wanting prints to look good and yet are forced
    into using 3rd party inks and at the same time helping to give their
    products a bad name.

    I've no gripe with the Canon in buying their inks because I know each
    item I've printed as come out 100% to date, why buy Epson inks when
    its wasted left right and centre not knowing if it printed right,
    Canon ink it seems last one hell of a while longer.

    Davy

    > me@privacy.netwrote:
    Quote:

    > sacrificing goats, saying three Hail Marys and
    > judicious application of a hammer!
    >
    > --
    > Timothy

    I finks its a genie in a bottle, Timothy,

    Is three hails after or before you apply it ?

    Davy

    Solved my C84 ink problem by tossing it in the garbage and got a HP PSC 1315
    which I am completely satisfied with. Always had Epsons since I got first
    computer in 80s, no more.
  14. Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers,alt.epson.printers (More info?)

    Something like that, but no goat sacrificing, I found a more kindly,
    animal-safe approach. ;-)

    Art

    me@privacy.net wrote:
    > In message <VXYMe.39887$vj.21817@pd7tw1no>, Arthur Entlich
    > <e-printerhelp@mvps.org> writes
    >
    >> The reason I'm being a bit coy and terse is I have been through this
    >> discussion several times before. Let's just leave it that there are
    >> many reasons, some legal, some intellectual property, some liability,
    >> and some having to do with providing better and more personalized
    >> service to people who need information.
    >

    > Fair enough, I presume in that case it involves all the essential of
    > computer repairs - sacrificing goats, saying three Hail Marys and
    > judicious application of a hammer!

    Hope you don't do the same with all your appliances, cars, etc. Could
    get expensive, and the trash collectors could get a bit annoyed.

    Art

    Jr wrote:

    > Solved my C84 ink problem by tossing it in the garbage and got a HP PSC 1315
    > which I am completely satisfied with. Always had Epsons since I got first
    > computer in 80s, no more.

Printers Epson Peripherals