Automaticully calculating folder size

Hello,

in Windows 2003 Server and XP the explorer counts automaticully the folder
size. Because we have an application which uses more then 200.000 folders in
one directory (don't ask me why) it takes a lot time to count the folder
size when you start the explorer. Also when using de indexing services the
computer needs at least 5 minutes to calculate the folder size (or the
computer is doing other things I don't know!)

AnY suggestions?

Can I stop the automated folder calculating behavior of the explorer?
How can I fasten up the performance when browsing through this directory
?(without bying new software)

thnx,

Marco J.L.

For explorer, try the following:-
1. Open My Computer
2. Click on Tools, then Folder Options
3. Click on the View tab
4. Uncheck the "Display filesize information in folder tips"

For the IndexService, uninstall it or set its startup type to disabled, open
the services snap-in from administrative tools and search for the indexing
service and disable it

--
Yours truly,
Mohammed A. Raslan