Disk Full although there is plenty of disk space

steve

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2003

Hi

I'm using two domain controllers which are also used as file servers
with each a capacity of 60 GB of disk space
There is a network share named X:\ mapped to file server 1.
Part of the files on the X-drive are located on file server 1 and
another part on file server 2 although they all appear in the X to the
end users.

File server 1 has no disk space left but there's plenty on file server
2 (almost 30 GB).
I'm wondering why the extra files are not automatically copied to file
server 2? (Because I did not put those other files on file server 2).
First I thought the guy who set this up before me used Dfs but I can't
find any Dfs root or whatsover so I'm wondering how do those files
belonging to the X-drive which is actually mapped to the first file
server get on file server 2 and second, what might be a possible
reasen why it stopped copying files to file server 2

Many thanks in advance
Kind regards
Steve

Hi Steve,

I am not a Pro but have a suggestion. It is possible that the disk volume on
Server 2 has been "mounted" on the Server 1 volume. See the link:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;205524

In this case, the free space on Server 2 won't be added to that on Server 1.
The volume on Server 1 will run out of space even when you can copy files
onto <disk drive>\mount where "mount" is the name of the folder on Server 1
where you have mounted Server 2 drive.

Abhilash Tibrewal