File permissions not acting as they should.........

confused......

I am setting ACLs for a specific folder but the settings don't appear to be
working.

I am setting a user to deny everything access on the folder.
I also have a group set with full browse options.

The denied user can still web browse the folder and files afterwards.

My understanding is the ACLs override all other security settings web etc?

Any ideas where I could be going wrong?

Thanks in hope.

"Monty" <Monty@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> confused......
>
> I am setting ACLs for a specific folder but the settings don't appear to
be
> working.
>
> I am setting a user to deny everything access on the folder.
> I also have a group set with full browse options.
>
> The denied user can still web browse the folder and files afterwards.
>
> My understanding is the ACLs override all other security settings web etc?
>
> Any ideas where I could be going wrong?

Maybe you have the "allow" ACE ahead of the "deny" ACE in the ACL? Ordering
is important. See the following reference:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/secauthz/security/order_of_aces_in_a_dacl.asp

Carl