How to Disable System Restore of 2000 Proffesional?????????

Hi Guys, Can you givve me a hand here!

How can I Enable or Disable the System Restore for Windows 2000 Professional?
The standard procedure for Windows 2000
[ Start/ Settings/ Control Panel /System/ Performance/ File System / Disable
system Restore]

Does not apply to the 2000 Professional version. I can't find the
Performance Tab on the System folder. Please can anybody help me on this.
Thanks in advance
4 answers Last reply
More about disable system restore 2000 proffesional

    You can't. Because there is no "System Restore" on W2K.

    John

    sggv wrote:

    > Hi Guys, Can you givve me a hand here!
    >
    > How can I Enable or Disable the System Restore for Windows 2000 Professional?
    > The standard procedure for Windows 2000
    > [ Start/ Settings/ Control Panel /System/ Performance/ File System / Disable
    > system Restore]
    >
    > Does not apply to the 2000 Professional version. I can't find the
    > Performance Tab on the System folder. Please can anybody help me on this.
    > Thanks in advance

    You're thinking of Windows XP.

    Austin M. Horst
  3. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.file_system (More info?)

    Hi guys ,

    Thanks for you r reply,

    Oh I see, Can you perhaps give me a hand on this

    I need to delete an infected file which is protected by the system,
    'C:\WININT\System32\saristar.dll', it is a dialer which has nested itself the
    system. I can not Diasable the System Restore (like with Windows XP ) because
    I run Windows 2000 Professional version. My antivirus program can't delete it
    either.

    Does anybody know how I can remove this file???

    Thanks in Advance

    "John John" schreef:

    > You can't. Because there is no "System Restore" on W2K.
    >
    > John
    >
    > sggv wrote:
    >
    > > Hi Guys, Can you givve me a hand here!
    > >
    > > How can I Enable or Disable the System Restore for Windows 2000 Professional?
    > > The standard procedure for Windows 2000
    > > [ Start/ Settings/ Control Panel /System/ Performance/ File System / Disable
    > > system Restore]
    > >
    > > Does not apply to the 2000 Professional version. I can't find the
    > > Performance Tab on the System folder. Please can anybody help me on this.
    > > Thanks in advance

  4. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.file_system (More info?)

    sggv wrote:
    > Hi guys ,
    >
    > Thanks for you r reply,
    >
    > Oh I see, Can you perhaps give me a hand on this
    >
    > I need to delete an infected file which is protected by the system,
    > 'C:\WININT\System32\saristar.dll', it is a dialer which has nested
    > itself the system. I can not Diasable the System Restore (like with
    > Windows XP ) because I run Windows 2000 Professional version. My
    > antivirus program can't delete it either.

    That's because it isn't a virus. See:
    Dealing with Unwanted Malware, Parasites, Toolbars and Search Engines:

    http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/unwanted.htm

    > Does anybody know how I can remove this file???
    >
    > Thanks in Advance
    >
    > "John John" schreef:
    >
    >> You can't. Because there is no "System Restore" on W2K.
    >>
    >> John
    >>
    >> sggv wrote:
    >>
    >>> Hi Guys, Can you givve me a hand here!
    >>>
    >>> How can I Enable or Disable the System Restore for Windows 2000
    >>> Professional? The standard procedure for Windows 2000
    >>> [ Start/ Settings/ Control Panel /System/ Performance/ File System
    >>> / Disable system Restore]
    >>>
    >>> Does not apply to the 2000 Professional version. I can't find the
    >>> Performance Tab on the System folder. Please can anybody help me on
    >>> this. Thanks in advance

Performance File System System Restore Windows