Need Help - Damage NTFS File System

I have a NT server and one of the volume suddenly become unreadable. The
system said something like "corrupt directiory" and the whole hard disk
cannot be recognized by the disk administrator program. Could anyone please
tell me how to save the files in the volume. I believe there is no bad
sector in the harddisk.

Thanks in advance!
2 answers Last reply
More about need damage ntfs file system

    "S S S S S" <simonl@i611.com> wrote in message
    > I have a NT server and one of the volume suddenly become unreadable. The
    > system said something like "corrupt directiory" and the whole hard disk
    > cannot be recognized by the disk administrator program. Could anyone
    please
    > tell me how to save the files in the volume. I believe there is no bad
    > sector in the harddisk.

    Believe has nothing to do with it. Verify it. Also, if a whole partition
    'woes' *often* the cause is a bad sector, or a bad/corrupt partition table,
    or a bad/corrupt boot sectors. Again, *often* these matters can be
    corrected/fixed.

    Our DiskPatch demo can help determine if the cause is any of the above. If
    you have questions on the demo version of the software, you are welcome to
    post a message in our support forum.

    --
    Kind regards,
    Joep

    D I Y D a t a R e c o v e r y . N L - Data & Disaster Recovery Tools

    http://www.diydatarecovery.nl
    http://www.diydatarecovery.com

    Please include previous correspondence!

    DiskPatch - MBR, Partition, boot sector repair and recovery.
    iRecover - FAT, FAT32 and NTFS data recovery.
    MBRtool - Freeware MBR backup and restore.
    CHK-Mate - automated CHK file analysis & recovery

    S S S S S wrote:
    > I have a NT server and one of the volume suddenly become unreadable.
    > The system said something like "corrupt directiory" and the whole
    > hard disk cannot be recognized by the disk administrator program.
    > Could anyone please tell me how to save the files in the volume. I
    > believe there is no bad sector in the harddisk.
    >
    > Thanks in advance!

    OT, but a) make good regular full backups of everything and b) use hardware
    SCSI RAID only on any server. Also - this is a Win2000 group, not NT - the
    difference isn't relevant for your question, but keep it in mind for the
    future.

    That said back to a) - hope it's true.

File System NTFS Microsoft Windows