epson r300 ICC profiles

Hello,

I'm trying to find freely available ICC profiles for the Epson R300
combined with Epson's inks and papers. The original driver install
left just a single profile in the Windows color managment directory.
The driver CD has some appropriately named profiles (SPR300 Glossy
Photo Paper, SPR300 Premium Glossy, etc.) in its P.I.M. II directory.
However, Epson's documentation hints that these are meant to be used in
conjunction with their PRINT camera color plugin, which I don't see
much use for at the moment.

Should the profiles work just fine on their own if I install them
manually? Do I need to install PRINT? Or are there better ICC files
available elsewhere?

Thanks for any help.

false_dmitrii
5 answers Last reply
More about epson r300 profiles

    <false_dmitrii@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > Hello,
    >
    > I'm trying to find freely available ICC profiles for the Epson R300
    > combined with Epson's inks and papers. The original driver install
    > left just a single profile in the Windows color managment directory.
    > The driver CD has some appropriately named profiles (SPR300 Glossy
    > Photo Paper, SPR300 Premium Glossy, etc.) in its P.I.M. II directory.
    > However, Epson's documentation hints that these are meant to be used in
    > conjunction with their PRINT camera color plugin, which I don't see
    > much use for at the moment.
    >
    > Should the profiles work just fine on their own if I install them
    > manually? Do I need to install PRINT? Or are there better ICC files
    > available elsewhere?
    >
    > Thanks for any help.
    >
    > false_dmitrii

    Hi there.

    If those profiles you found are ICC Profiles, check their Properties, then
    you should be able to just copy and paste them into the Colour Folder on
    Windows. ICC profiles are universal, they will work on any OS, even on
    Macs.

    Or you could search the Epson site and download them. Epson do not seem to
    want people to be able to find them easily, I think they are trying just a
    bit too hard to promote their Remote Profiling Service.

    Roy G

    http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/support/supDetail.jsp?BV_UseBVCookie=yes&oid=26323&infoType=Overview

    Roy wrote:

    > <false_dmitrii@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    >
    >>Hello,
    >>
    >>I'm trying to find freely available ICC profiles for the Epson R300
    >>combined with Epson's inks and papers. The original driver install
    >>left just a single profile in the Windows color managment directory.
    >>The driver CD has some appropriately named profiles (SPR300 Glossy
    >>Photo Paper, SPR300 Premium Glossy, etc.) in its P.I.M. II directory.
    >>However, Epson's documentation hints that these are meant to be used in
    >>conjunction with their PRINT camera color plugin, which I don't see
    >>much use for at the moment.
    >>
    >>Should the profiles work just fine on their own if I install them
    >>manually? Do I need to install PRINT? Or are there better ICC files
    >>available elsewhere?
    >>
    >>Thanks for any help.
    >>
    >>false_dmitrii
    >>

    > Hi there.
    >
    > If those profiles you found are ICC Profiles, check their Properties, then
    > you should be able to just copy and paste them into the Colour Folder on
    > Windows. ICC profiles are universal, they will work on any OS, even on
    > Macs.
    >
    > Or you could search the Epson site and download them. Epson do not seem to
    > want people to be able to find them easily, I think they are trying just a
    > bit too hard to promote their Remote Profiling Service.
    >
    > Roy G

    Here its at:

    http://tech.epson.com.au/downloads/product.asp?id=stylusPhotoR310&platform=all&FileType=1&FileType=6&FileType=2&submit=Search+%3E%3E

    <false_dmitrii@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > Hello,
    >
    > I'm trying to find freely available ICC profiles for the Epson R300
    > combined with Epson's inks and papers. The original driver install
    > left just a single profile in the Windows color managment directory.
    > The driver CD has some appropriately named profiles (SPR300 Glossy
    > Photo Paper, SPR300 Premium Glossy, etc.) in its P.I.M. II directory.
    > However, Epson's documentation hints that these are meant to be used in
    > conjunction with their PRINT camera color plugin, which I don't see
    > much use for at the moment.
    >
    > Should the profiles work just fine on their own if I install them
    > manually? Do I need to install PRINT? Or are there better ICC files
    > available elsewhere?
    >
    > Thanks for any help.
    >
    > false_dmitrii

    You have been given a couple of good links to sources for Epson's profiles.

    FWIW:
    Kodak also has profiles for the R300 and their high-end papers ["Kodak
    Professional Inkjet Photo Paper" in both Lustre and Glossy surfaces]
    available on their web site.

    http://www.kodak.com/global/en/professional/member/photoPrinters/ICCProfile
    s.jhtml?id=0.1.14.30.23&lc=en

    http://www.kodak.com/global/en/service/professional/products/ekn02891.jhtml
    ?id=0.1.14.24&lc=en

    See also
    http://www.kodak.com/eknec/PageQuerier.jhtml?pq-path=9/36/1963&pq-locale=en
    _US

    http://www.kodak.com/eknec/PageQuerier.jhtml;jsessionid=RNZJRP0EZPCWBFW4FBE
    HWEMW1YUBI4L4?pq-path=1964&PRINTER=Epson+Stylus+Photo+R300&pq-locale=en_US&
    _requestid=2008

    Ilford has some profiles for their papers and the R300 available at
    http://www.ilford.com/html/us_english/prod_html/galerie/IJProfiles/default.
    asp
    (follow the drop down menus ... there are about a half dozen profiles for
    the high-end Ilford papers).

    If you want to delve further into ICC profiles ... the ICC site is
    http://www.color.org/

    Judicious use of your friendly local search engine will probably provide
    several additional sources.

    RSD99 wrote:

    > You have been given a couple of good links to sources for Epson's profiles.
    >
    > FWIW:

    <snipped links>

    > Judicious use of your friendly local search engine will probably provide
    > several additional sources.

    Thanks for all the links. Thanks to everyone else who answered as
    well.
    I didn't realize other paper makers had profiles for this specific
    printer. If you use an R300 or equivalent, do you have a paper
    preference?

    I went ahead and tested the Epson profiles on Glossy Photo and Premium
    Glossy paper. The results seemed a bit too dark for my rather dim
    lighting, but in brighter light they were an excellent match with the
    colors the CRT was showing. Well worth the modest effort. :) (The LCD
    was another story, of course...)

    false_dmitrii

Printers Epson Peripherals