Pocket PC Emulator

January 11, 2005 2:23:38 PM

I am about to develop some applications for a Pocket PC, so I am just
messing around with the emulator to get used to it.

I have been able to browse the web just fine by entering a website, like
www.google.com in the address bar. I can also connect and browse to the
Server shares on my LAN. I can connect to the ASP.NET site hosted on the
LAN, but for some reason it won't resolve the name address, so I have to
type in the actual server IP into the browser.
Any ideas why? I haven't changed the Pocket PC network adapters, they are
still set to default.

Jordan

More about : pocket emulator

Anonymous
January 13, 2005 1:17:11 AM

On Tue, 11 Jan 2005 11:23:38 -0500, "Jordan" <nospam@bellsouth.net>
wrote:

>I am about to develop some applications for a Pocket PC, so I am just
>messing around with the emulator to get used to it.
>
>I have been able to browse the web just fine by entering a website, like
>www.google.com in the address bar. I can also connect and browse to the
>Server shares on my LAN. I can connect to the ASP.NET site hosted on the
>LAN, but for some reason it won't resolve the name address, so I have to
>type in the actual server IP into the browser.

Does your network have a DNS on it, or are you using a public DNS ?

If it's a local DNS, does it know about the ASP.NET machine at all ?

And if it does, is the PPC emulator configured to *use* that DNS for
local addresses ?

Probably answering those questions will get you running ;-)

CHeers - Neil

>Any ideas why? I haven't changed the Pocket PC network adapters, they are
>still set to default.
>
>Jordan

May 28, 2009 8:19:19 PM

Hey Jordan,

I'm having trouble getting my Pocket PC emulator to connect to anything - internet, shared resources, etc. Can you give me the skinny on configuring it? If I select 'Enable NE2000 PCMCIA network adapter and bind to' I get the error 'The required Virtual Machine Network Driver could not be found. Make sure that Virtual PC 2007 is installed....' I'm not using Virtual PC at all, so I think it may be confused. 'Host-only networking' also doesn't do anything for me.

Thanks

Alex
!