How do i get rid of the log on screen at startup?

Can someone tell me how I get rid of the log on screen at startup/
I'm the only one who uses my PC, so I have no need for it.
It didn't used to be there!
I installed a program and it seems to have made it come!

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

OM

Hi

If you want to bypass the Welcome screen, try this:

From Start>Run type in

control userpasswords2

then uncheck 'Users must enter a user name and password to use this
computer' and click 'Apply'. On the next screen - 'Automatically Log On' -
delete the name 'Administrator' from the User name box and enter your
account name and then the password in the next two boxes. OK your way out
and then reboot your system.

Or you can use Tweak UI:

You can download TweakUI from
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/pro/downloads/powertoys.asp and when
installed go to Programs>Powertoys for Windows XP>Tweak UI - then go to
Logon>Autologon.

--

Will Denny
MS-MVP - Windows Shell/User

"OM" <OM@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Can someone tell me how I get rid of the log on screen at startup/
> I'm the only one who uses my PC, so I have no need for it.
> It didn't used to be there!
> I installed a program and it seems to have made it come!
>
> Any help would be appreciated.
>
> Thanks.
>

> OM

AJ

Will,
When you mean Programs, you mean Program Files?
I have downloaded & installed TweakUi, but its not showing there at all.
Sorry to be a pest.
Harry
> Hi
>
> If you want to bypass the Welcome screen, try this:
>
> From Start>Run type in
>
> control userpasswords2
>
> then uncheck 'Users must enter a user name and password to use this
> computer' and click 'Apply'. On the next screen - 'Automatically Log
> On' - delete the name 'Administrator' from the User name box and enter
> your account name and then the password in the next two boxes. OK your
> way out and then reboot your system.
>
> Or you can use Tweak UI:
>
> You can download TweakUI from
> http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/pro/downloads/powertoys.asp and when
> installed go to Programs>Powertoys for Windows XP>Tweak UI - then go to
> Logon>Autologon.
>
> --
>
> Will Denny
> MS-MVP - Windows Shell/User
> Please reply to the News Groups
>

> "OM" <OM@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>> Can someone tell me how I get rid of the log on screen at startup/
>> I'm the only one who uses my PC, so I have no need for it.
>> It didn't used to be there!
>> I installed a program and it seems to have made it come!
>>
>> Any help would be appreciated.
>>
>> Thanks.
>>

>> OM

No, he means Start->All Programs->Powertoys->TweakUI

--
Tumppi
Reply to group