Questions Bout My New Comp

Brutus506

Distinguished
Feb 4, 2006
I just recently put together a new comp and im having some problems with it.

My Ram and im using the ASUS M2N32-SLI Deluxe Wireless Edition mobo.

The problem is that my comp crashes every hour or so, while my cpu idles around 41C and hits 56C on a load. Maybe its my oc'?
cpuz.png

Also a another question i had was, cause im using dual channel ram, shouldnt it show up on cpuz as something other than "Channels#: Single" like it does on here?
ram.png

plz look over these just in case i messed something up, thanks alot

4745454b

Titan
Are there any blue screens? Are there any error messages in the event viewer? When you say crash, do you mean lock up, reboot, or shut down?

As for the other question, yes, it sounds like you don't have the ram in the right slots. Reread your manual and move the ram to the correct slots.

4745454b

Titan
Its an option in administrative tools. I get there by clicking start, settings, control panel, admin tools. This is with win2000, I believe XP you'd go start, control panel, admin tools. Check all the logs for errors, but I'd start with the application log.

sweetpants

Distinguished
Jul 5, 2006
Its an option in administrative tools. I get there by clicking start, settings, control panel, admin tools. This is with win2000, I believe XP you'd go start, control panel, admin tools. Check all the logs for errors, but I'd start with the application log.

Easiest way I find is this:

Right click - My Computer
Left click - Manage
Left click - Event Viewer
Left click - System - organize by date and match up time of restarts

Also might want to check for updated drivers... if no go, boot into safe mode and see if it restarts in there. If it does not restart in safe mode we've just narrowed it down to software/driver issue in which case you will have to narrow down a little bit more.

Brutus506

Distinguished
Feb 4, 2006
This comp hasn't crashed all day, things are looking better (too early to say i guess)

Now about my ram not showing up as dual channel...

IMG_0071.jpg

In response to 4745454b's comment bout the ram slots, does this look good?

I really can't believe I'm posting this, but I just want to make sure. Thanks once again

Brutus506

Distinguished
Feb 4, 2006
Nope, no blue screens or anything. The comp just restarts on its own

Ill check out the ram slots
Try increasing memory timings, or increasing memory voltage.
what would be ideal with what I've got?