Format Hard Drive in Windows 2000

How do I format the hard drive that has windows 2000 as the operating system?

On Tue, 11 Jan 2005 12:41:03 -0800, "askolbet" <askolbet@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>How do I format the hard drive that has windows 2000 as the operating system?

Boot the Windows 2000 CD-ROM and begin an install. Choose to format the partition.
After the format, proceed for 1 or 2 screens and then abort the install.

Jerold Schulman
Windows Server MVP
JSI, Inc.
http://www.jsiinc.com

Or you can go to the drive manufacturers web site and download their
utilities. Among them will be a utility that will write 0's to the
drive. This will wipe the drive clean and ready it for partitioning
and formatting.

--
wanderer