Format Hard Drive in Windows 2000

How do I format the hard drive that has windows 2000 as the operating system?
2 answers Last reply
More about format hard drive windows 2000

    On Tue, 11 Jan 2005 12:41:03 -0800, "askolbet" <askolbet@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

    >How do I format the hard drive that has windows 2000 as the operating system?

    Boot the Windows 2000 CD-ROM and begin an install. Choose to format the partition.
    After the format, proceed for 1 or 2 screens and then abort the install.

    Jerold Schulman
    Windows Server MVP
    JSI, Inc.
    http://www.jsiinc.com

    Or you can go to the drive manufacturers web site and download their
    utilities. Among them will be a utility that will write 0's to the
    drive. This will wipe the drive clean and ready it for partitioning
    and formatting.

    --
    wanderer

File System Windows 2000 Format Microsoft Hard Drives Windows