Cannot import dynamic disk

Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
January 17, 2005 2:01:13 PM

Hi,

I cannot import a dynamic disk using Diskpart tool. I get the following
error in the Event Viewer:

Event ID 1500: Disk group LibraDg0: Reimport of disk group failed:

Disk group has no valid configuration copies

I removed the disk using remove command in diskpart tool.

Does anyone have any idea ?

thanks,

Rubens

More about : import dynamic disk

Anonymous
January 17, 2005 11:41:20 PM

Rubens

This MS Knowledge Base article explains how and why this might have
happened:

http://support.microsoft.com/?id=222189

Do you have any other dynamic disk on the source system?

Best regards

Bjorn
Microsoft MVP (Windows Server - File System)

"Rubens Luque Sanches Jr." <rsanches@service.com.br> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I cannot import a dynamic disk using Diskpart tool. I get the following
>error in the Event Viewer:
>
>Event ID 1500: Disk group LibraDg0: Reimport of disk group failed:
>
>Disk group has no valid configuration copies
>

>I removed the disk using remove command in diskpart tool.
>
>Does anyone have any idea ?
>

>thanks,
>
>Rubens

Anonymous
January 18, 2005 12:24:43 PM

Thank you. Very useful this article.

Rubens

"Bjorn Landemoo" <mvp2.REMOVE@landemoo.com> wrote in message
> Rubens
>
> This MS Knowledge Base article explains how and why this might have
> happened:
>
> http://support.microsoft.com/?id=222189
>
> Do you have any other dynamic disk on the source system?
>
> Best regards
>
> Bjorn
> --
> Bjorn Landemoo - mvp2@landemoo.com - http://landemoo.com/
> Microsoft MVP (Windows Server - File System)
>
> "Rubens Luque Sanches Jr." <rsanches@service.com.br> wrote:
>
>>Hi,
>>
>>I cannot import a dynamic disk using Diskpart tool. I get the following
>>error in the Event Viewer:
>>
>>Event ID 1500: Disk group LibraDg0: Reimport of disk group failed:
>>
>>Disk group has no valid configuration copies
>>

>>I removed the disk using remove command in diskpart tool.
>>
>>Does anyone have any idea ?
>>

>>thanks,
>>
>>Rubens

Related resources
January 18, 2005 2:45:19 PM

If all else fails, you can try DiskPatch to recover the volumes as basic
partitions. DiskPatch dynamic disk support:

- Only simple volumes, that do not span multiple disks and/or 'segments',
can be recovered.
- On disks that were upgraded from a Basic disk to a Dynamic disk at some
point, a complete basic partition table layout can be re-created.
- On disks that were Dynamic from the start, per 'session', 4 volumes can be
recovered as basic and primary partitions. If the data on more than 4
volumes needs to be recovered you will need to recover the first 4 volumes,
then copy the data to a safe location and then use DiskPatch again to
recover additional volumes.
- DiskPatch can also automatically make corrections to the 'legacy'
partition table if an intact LDM is present, while no type 42h partition is
defined in the legacy partition table.

DiskPatch can be found at: http://www.diydatarecovery.nl

--
Joep

"Rubens Luque Sanches Jr." <rsanches@service.com.br> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I cannot import a dynamic disk using Diskpart tool. I get the following
> error in the Event Viewer:
>
> Event ID 1500: Disk group LibraDg0: Reimport of disk group failed:
>
> Disk group has no valid configuration copies
>

> I removed the disk using remove command in diskpart tool.
>
> Does anyone have any idea ?
>

> thanks,
>
> Rubens

Anonymous
January 18, 2005 2:45:20 PM

Thank you for your explanation. I will try this tool.

Rubens

!