  • Windows
Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
Anonymous
January 17, 2005 9:49:06 AM

I am trying to run the Disk Cleanup but it will not get passed the starting
stages of scanning compress old files. I have seen the posts on what to do
but do not quite understand them and would appreciate step by step
directions. My computer gets very slow at times and I have tried everything
else. I understand that I have to go into the registry and all that but am
not computer literate enough to understand your directions without the step
by step. Thank you for your help and considerations. I greatly appreciate
it.

More about : disk cleanup windows 2000 professional

Anonymous
January 18, 2005 10:53:31 AM

On Mon, 17 Jan 2005 06:49:06 -0800, "rockatweety" <rockatweety@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I am trying to run the Disk Cleanup but it will not get passed the starting
>stages of scanning compress old files. I have seen the posts on what to do
>but do not quite understand them and would appreciate step by step
>directions. My computer gets very slow at times and I have tried everything
>else. I understand that I have to go into the registry and all that but am
>not computer literate enough to understand your directions without the step
>by step. Thank you for your help and considerations. I greatly appreciate
>it.

See tip 5920 and links in the 'Tips & Tricks' at http://www.jsiinc.com

Jerold Schulman
Windows Server MVP