missing files & folders

Geo

Question:

I have a windows 2000 server that acts as a domain controller, file server,
DNS, DCHP.

There is a share on this server that users access that has a few files and
folders. Just recently it appears that half of the folders & files are
missing???

However, when I do a search for the files or folders they come up in the
search box. If I try and find the same files or folders from My computer or
explorer or even a mapped drive I see only half of the files and folders
that are actually there?

Anyone know what might cause this? I haven't tried re-booting yet just to
see if it clears up the problem. Ultimately I'd like to know why this
happens? There are no errors in event viewer also.

Thanks,
George

Answered in .general

--