Canon pixma ip5000 problem

I wonder if some kind person can throw some light on a problem that has
developed on my 6 month old printer.
Basically the print out became muddy and when I ran a nozzle check it
showed that the yellow ink was almost grey (the printer has separate
cartridges and the yellow tank is adjacent to the larger of the black
tanks)
the problem disappeared with a nozzle clean but over a short time even
when the printer was sitting idle the yellow turned grey again. I have
changed both yellow and black tanks (compatible cartridges) to no avail.
I wonder if anyone can advise me whether this could be a problem with
the printer rather than the ink tanks or if there is some way I can cure
it.

Many thanks

Mary
--
Mary Haggie
52 answers Last reply

    >I wonder if some kind person can throw some light on a problem that has
    > developed on my 6 month old printer.
    > Basically the print out became muddy and when I ran a nozzle check it
    > showed that the yellow ink was almost grey (the printer has separate
    > cartridges and the yellow tank is adjacent to the larger of the black
    > tanks)

    The advice you got on steve's fourms if pretty sound... contact canon.
    I haven't had canons long enought to be great at trouble shooting but
    the following seems likely

    *1. Bad seals between the ink-tank and the printhead assembly. Either
    replace the seals if it's possible or get a new printhead. Should be
    under warranty
    2. Bad ink-tank, the port to the head has a flaw and is bleeding over
    to the other tanks. resolustion replace your ink, try a different
    brand... ask over at
    http://www.nifty-stuff.com/forum/viewforum.php?id=12 about particulars
    also might wish to ask the people who you bought the ink from... this
    could be a symptom others experenced and might have a resoltuion...
    probally returning what you bought in favor of something new.
    3. Leaky tanks that dripped a small amount of black ink ink "near" the
    yellow intake port Resolution... remove and clean with index.

    Mary Haggie <mary.haggie@gmail.com> wrote:
    > I wonder if some kind person can throw some light on a problem that has
    >developed on my 6 month old printer.
    >Basically the print out became muddy and when I ran a nozzle check it
    >showed that the yellow ink was almost grey (the printer has separate
    >cartridges and the yellow tank is adjacent to the larger of the black
    >tanks)
    >the problem disappeared with a nozzle clean but over a short time even
    >when the printer was sitting idle the yellow turned grey again. I have
    >changed both yellow and black tanks (compatible cartridges) to no avail.
    >I wonder if anyone can advise me whether this could be a problem with
    >the printer rather than the ink tanks or if there is some way I can cure
    >it.
    >
    >Many thanks
    >
    >Mary
    >--
    >Mary Haggie

    Mary
    Sounds like there is cross colour at the printhead. Suggest you get it repaired
    under warranty, some warranty service people may be loath to touch it if there
    are non-OEM ink cartridges in the printer so be warned. (Please no OEM versus
    non-OEM debates from any lurking zealot, non-OEM ink cannot cause cross colour
    at the head!!!).
    Good luck
    Tony

    In article <1124078200.118184.122030@g43g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>,
    zakezuke <zakezuke_us@yahoo.com> writes
    >>I wonder if some kind person can throw some light on a problem that has
    >> developed on my 6 month old printer.
    >> Basically the print out became muddy and when I ran a nozzle check it
    >> showed that the yellow ink was almost grey (the printer has separate
    >> cartridges and the yellow tank is adjacent to the larger of the black
    >> tanks)
    >
    >The advice you got on steve's fourms if pretty sound... contact canon.
    >I haven't had canons long enought to be great at trouble shooting but
    >the following seems likely
    >
    >*1. Bad seals between the ink-tank and the printhead assembly. Either
    >replace the seals if it's possible or get a new printhead. Should be
    >under warranty
    >2. Bad ink-tank, the port to the head has a flaw and is bleeding over
    >to the other tanks. resolustion replace your ink, try a different
    >brand... ask over at
    >http://www.nifty-stuff.com/forum/viewforum.php?id=12 about particulars
    >also might wish to ask the people who you bought the ink from... this
    >could be a symptom others experenced and might have a resoltuion...
    >probally returning what you bought in favor of something new.
    >3. Leaky tanks that dripped a small amount of black ink ink "near" the
    >yellow intake port Resolution... remove and clean with index.

    Thank you both, this morning I rang Canon and it seems they accept it is
    a printhead problem, so I have to email off my receipt etc to them and
    they will send me a new printhead.

    (I've done dozens and dozens of cleaning cycles over the past week or
    so, at least having had compatible cartridges in has been a lot cheaper
    on ink than if I'd had the originals!)
    I checked on the cost of the large black Canon original ink cartridge
    this morning in PCWorld, it was GBP 10.99, whereas the printrite one is
    less than GBP2, this does not encourage one to buy originals I'm afraid
    for general printing jobs.
    (I remembered Steve's forums from about 4 years ago when I was looking
    for info before buying my digital camera, a great resource for printer
    info also!)

    Thanks again for all the useful information, I did email the ink
    supplier but have heard nothing back yet.

    best wishes

    Mary
    --
    Mary Haggie

    Mary Haggie<mary.haggie@gmail.com> wrote:
    >In article <1124078200.118184.122030@g43g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>,
    >zakezuke <zakezuke_us@yahoo.com> writes
    >>>I wonder if some kind person can throw some light on a problem that has
    >>> developed on my 6 month old printer.
    >>> Basically the print out became muddy and when I ran a nozzle check it
    >>> showed that the yellow ink was almost grey (the printer has separate
    >>> cartridges and the yellow tank is adjacent to the larger of the black
    >>> tanks)
    >>
    >>The advice you got on steve's fourms if pretty sound... contact canon.
    >>I haven't had canons long enought to be great at trouble shooting but
    >>the following seems likely
    >>
    >>*1. Bad seals between the ink-tank and the printhead assembly. Either
    >>replace the seals if it's possible or get a new printhead. Should be
    >>under warranty
    >>2. Bad ink-tank, the port to the head has a flaw and is bleeding over
    >>to the other tanks. resolustion replace your ink, try a different
    >>brand... ask over at
    >>http://www.nifty-stuff.com/forum/viewforum.php?id=12 about particulars
    >>also might wish to ask the people who you bought the ink from... this
    >>could be a symptom others experenced and might have a resoltuion...
    >>probally returning what you bought in favor of something new.
    >>3. Leaky tanks that dripped a small amount of black ink ink "near" the
    >>yellow intake port Resolution... remove and clean with index.
    >>
    >Thank you both, this morning I rang Canon and it seems they accept it is
    >a printhead problem, so I have to email off my receipt etc to them and
    >they will send me a new printhead.
    >
    >(I've done dozens and dozens of cleaning cycles over the past week or
    >so, at least having had compatible cartridges in has been a lot cheaper
    >on ink than if I'd had the originals!)
    >I checked on the cost of the large black Canon original ink cartridge
    >this morning in PCWorld, it was GBP 10.99, whereas the printrite one is
    >less than GBP2, this does not encourage one to buy originals I'm afraid
    >for general printing jobs.
    >(I remembered Steve's forums from about 4 years ago when I was looking
    >for info before buying my digital camera, a great resource for printer
    >info also!)
    >
    >Thanks again for all the useful information, I did email the ink
    >supplier but have heard nothing back yet.
    >
    >best wishes
    >
    >Mary
    >--
    >Mary Haggie

    Pleased to hear that Mary, I can't see how it could be anything other than a
    printhead failure.
    Let us know how you get on.
    Tony

    This is not a medium issue. Could be the vessle, i.e. the tanks, but
    odds are and canon agrees it's the head, or specificly the seals on the
    head.

    Let's do the math again shall we? We established before that using a
    premium refill kit not only save 21% from the start but after using 2oz
    of ink you saved 78% vs OEM ink.. In other words.. *ALL USERS* not just
    heavy ones save. This is a fact.

    As we are dealing with a UK user the numbers are going to be different.
    In fact.. a replacement head for UK users isn't the same price as the
    printer. This is good and bad for much the same reason.

    IP 5000 £157.95 - note this price is a tad high... but given i'm 1/3
    the way cross the planet I can't pop in the local shop and see true
    street price. But I know for a fact you can buy a printer at that
    price including VAT. They spend more than us Yanks, but they do get
    the cd printing and nice spiffy auto swiching power supplies.
    £135.99 Is probally closer to reality, but I don't know if that price
    includes VAT.

    The ink... £7.59 for BCI6 CMYpK sounds fair £30.36 sounds
    reasonable.
    BCI-3e £9.99

    Assuming these prices quoted include vat, they definatly include free
    delivery £40.35. This reperesents about 1/4 to 1/3 the value of the
    printer.

    The canon head... I don't know where to get that in the UK, so $90 us
    for Mr. 0057. £50.00 soudns fair to me.

    http://www.compatible-inkjet-cartridges.co.uk/section.php/454/0/390a4cfef6b0450daa61d5c8ee182768

    Prices here are just some random dealer I stumbled upon.

    £4.99 for the black and £3.98 for the color. so £20.91 delivered
    including VAT.
    £40.35 - £20.91 = £19.44 save 48%

    Assuming the value of the head is £50.00 and you use three refills and
    have to buy a new head... you save £8.32

    Assuming the value of the head is £50.00, and use of the 3rd party ink
    reduces the life of the canon head from the estiamted 20 refills to
    10... you save £194.40 total so a £50.00 head or heck even a new
    printer would cost less.

    If you print to the estimated life of the head, you saved £388.80.

    So while it's *possible* that 3rd party ink might affect your head life
    (better, worse, neglable)... I gotta say given these numbers if you
    make it passed 3 replacement tanks (i.e. 15 tanks)... you save money no
    matter what. This is a fact.. and I didn't shop around to find a great
    deal.

    First we need to know if you ARE and have ALWAYS use Canon OEM ink in
    the printer.

    Mary Haggie wrote:

    > I wonder if some kind person can throw some light on a problem that has
    >developed on my 6 month old printer.
    >Basically the print out became muddy and when I ran a nozzle check it
    >showed that the yellow ink was almost grey (the printer has separate
    >cartridges and the yellow tank is adjacent to the larger of the black
    >tanks)
    >the problem disappeared with a nozzle clean but over a short time even
    >when the printer was sitting idle the yellow turned grey again. I have
    >changed both yellow and black tanks (compatible cartridges) to no avail.
    >I wonder if anyone can advise me whether this could be a problem with
    >the printer rather than the ink tanks or if there is some way I can cure
    >it.
    >
    >Many thanks
    >
    >Mary

    SOUNDS LIKE AFTERMARKET INK MAKES YOU PRINTER STINK. CALL CANON
    SUPPORT. THEY ARE VERY GOOD. THEY WILL PROBABLY SEND YOU A NEW
    PRINTHEAD. IF YOU DID USE AFTERMARKET INK DO NOT TELL THEM. SAY YOU
    ALWAYS USED THE RIGHT INK.

    AFTER YOU GET THE NEW PRINTHEAD BE SURE TO GET A SET OF CANON OEM INK.
    COSTCO IS THE CHEAPEST PLACE I KNOW OF. IF IT ALL WORKS OK NEVER BUY
    AFTERMARKET INK AGAIN.

    Tony wrote:

    >Mary Haggie <mary.haggie@gmail.com> wrote:
    >

    >>I wonder if some kind person can throw some light on a problem that has
    >>developed on my 6 month old printer.
    >>Basically the print out became muddy and when I ran a nozzle check it
    >>showed that the yellow ink was almost grey (the printer has separate
    >>cartridges and the yellow tank is adjacent to the larger of the black
    >>tanks)
    >>the problem disappeared with a nozzle clean but over a short time even
    >>when the printer was sitting idle the yellow turned grey again. I have
    >>changed both yellow and black tanks (compatible cartridges) to no avail.
    >>I wonder if anyone can advise me whether this could be a problem with
    >>the printer rather than the ink tanks or if there is some way I can cure
    >>it.
    >>
    >>Many thanks
    >>
    >>Mary
    >>--
    >>Mary Haggie
    >>

    >Mary
    >Sounds like there is cross colour at the printhead. Suggest you get it repaired
    >under warranty, some warranty service people may be loath to touch it if there
    >are non-OEM ink cartridges in the printer so be warned. (Please no OEM versus
    >non-OEM debates from any lurking zealot, non-OEM ink cannot cause cross colour
    >at the head!!!).
    >Good luck
    >Tony

    > Don't believe a word he says.

    Agreed... I thought I offered pretty good proof that all users save
    money using bulk inks.. yet he continues to ignore that fact. He
    continues to say only heavy users benifit.

    The problem is i'm just as skeptical as our resident canon
    represnative. I'm willing to believe that use of 3rd party inks in a
    thermal bubble jet will affect the print head life. This is a valid
    enough hypothesis. But in all sceneros... when the cost savings is 50%
    or higher... even if the reduction in life is 1/6th the head life... it
    still costs less. This would cover the compatable market.

    There might be a good reason to go with OEM, but I don't see price
    being a factor at all.

    > Don't believe a word he says.

    Don't believe a word any of us say. Assume we are all a bunch of
    lunatics.

    Trust your own observation and reasoning skills... make your own
    judgements.

    > More rhetoric

    No sir.. .facts.

    With all due respect... your elaborate attempts to persuade everyone
    into beliving that OEM inks will resolve any issue under the sun are
    factually vacuous, questionable in reason, and insincere to the 10th
    degree. This is the very defination of rhetoric. I'm not a member of
    either the church of the aftermarket inks or the Orthodox Church of the
    OEM. I offered pretty conclusive proof that the in cost is lower, the
    long term cost is lower, yet you still ignore proven facts and continue
    with your rhetoric

    You claim that "Unless you are a very heavy user, and I mean very
    heavy, it is not work(sic)
    using aftermarket inks or cartridges as they will cause printhead
    problems sooner or later".

    Funny thing is... you'll get printhead problems sooner or later anyway.
    The canon printhead... thermal bubblejet... is on the low end of the
    scale in terms of life. The printer is only rated for a max duty cycle
    of 20,000p, or about 20 tank changes. Thermal heads burn out.. that's
    a fact.

    Assuming your assertion of worth is money.. it's worth it. Assuming
    your assertion of worth is time..... you *might* have a valid point
    your your self but not for others... and I mean might. What you would
    need to do is back up this hypothesis with a fact. How do particular
    inks affect printhead life... what is that affect. Keep in mind that a
    1/6th reduction in printhead life... as in if you are only able to
    print 1600 pages color and black and white... without buying a new
    print head... guess what... it's worth it in terms of money. Let the
    individual deside if they think it's worth it.

    Your hypothesis regarding the ink is not invalid, but needs to be
    tested to become even a theory. I will freely admit I don't know the
    affect of particular ink on the canon head. This is not a matter i've
    seen any facts on. I would welcome any actual information you have on
    the subject of different mediums on the canon printhead.

    In article <Rr5Me.839$AT7.169@newssvr22.news.prodigy.net>, measekite
    <inkystinky@oem.com> writes
    >SOUNDS LIKE AFTERMARKET INK MAKES YOU PRINTER STINK. CALL CANON
    >SUPPORT. THEY ARE VERY GOOD. THEY WILL PROBABLY SEND YOU A NEW
    >PRINTHEAD. IF YOU DID USE AFTERMARKET INK DO NOT TELL THEM. SAY YOU
    >ALWAYS USED THE RIGHT INK.
    >
    >AFTER YOU GET THE NEW PRINTHEAD BE SURE TO GET A SET OF CANON OEM INK.
    >COSTCO IS THE CHEAPEST PLACE I KNOW OF. IF IT ALL WORKS OK NEVER BUY
    >AFTERMARKET INK AGAIN.
    >
    >Tony wrote:
    >
    >>Mary Haggie <mary.haggie@gmail.com> wrote:
    >>

    >>>I wonder if some kind person can throw some light on a problem that has
    >>>developed on my 6 month old printer.
    >>>Basically the print out became muddy and when I ran a nozzle check it
    >>>showed that the yellow ink was almost grey (the printer has separate
    >>>cartridges and the yellow tank is adjacent to the larger of the black
    >>>tanks)
    >>>the problem disappeared with a nozzle clean but over a short time even
    >>>when the printer was sitting idle the yellow turned grey again. I have
    >>>changed both yellow and black tanks (compatible cartridges) to no avail.
    >>>I wonder if anyone can advise me whether this could be a problem with
    >>>the printer rather than the ink tanks or if there is some way I can cure
    >>>it.
    >>>
    >>>Many thanks
    >>>
    >>>Mary
    >>>--
    >>>Mary Haggie
    >>>

    >>Mary
    >>Sounds like there is cross colour at the printhead. Suggest you get it repaired
    >>under warranty, some warranty service people may be loath to touch it if there
    >>are non-OEM ink cartridges in the printer so be warned. (Please no OEM versus
    >>non-OEM debates from any lurking zealot, non-OEM ink cannot cause cross colour
    >>at the head!!!).
    >>Good luck
    >>Tony

    Well no sooner said than done, rang Canon this morning and emailed my
    nozzle check pictures and receipt, had a reply that my new print head
    would arrive by courier tomorrow. I hope I find out whether it is the
    inks or the print head, will avoid that particular brand of compatible
    cartridge if it is them.

    Thanks a lot for the interest

    best wishes

    Mary

    --
    Mary Haggie

    In article <hn5Me.834$AT7.403@newssvr22.news.prodigy.net>, measekite
    <inkystinky@oem.com> writes
    >First we need to know if you ARE and have ALWAYS use Canon OEM ink in
    >the printer.
    >
    >Mary Haggie wrote:
    >
    >> I wonder if some kind person can throw some light on a problem that has
    >>developed on my 6 month old printer.
    >>Basically the print out became muddy and when I ran a nozzle check it
    >>showed that the yellow ink was almost grey (the printer has separate
    >>cartridges and the yellow tank is adjacent to the larger of the black
    >>tanks)
    >>the problem disappeared with a nozzle clean but over a short time even
    >>when the printer was sitting idle the yellow turned grey again. I have
    >>changed both yellow and black tanks (compatible cartridges) to no avail.
    >>I wonder if anyone can advise me whether this could be a problem with
    >>the printer rather than the ink tanks or if there is some way I can cure
    >>it.
    >>
    >>Many thanks
    >>
    >>Mary

    Hi, I have expanded on this in my other posts, but I admit that when
    the Canon Cartridges ran out I replaced them with compatibles, but if
    the problem is with them rather than the print head, then I will not
    buy that brand again and try Printrite, I know the Canon OEM are the
    best way to go but they are so much dearer, will check out Costco though
    thanks and buy them there if they are affordable.
    The lady on the helpline did say immediately that it was a print head
    problem when I described it though.

    best wishes

    Mary
    --
    Mary Haggie

    In article <Rr5Me.839$AT7.169@newssvr22.news.prodigy.net>,
    inkystinky@oem.com says...
    > SOUNDS LIKE AFTERMARKET INK MAKES YOU PRINTER STINK. CALL CANON
    > SUPPORT. THEY ARE VERY GOOD. THEY WILL PROBABLY SEND YOU A NEW
    > PRINTHEAD. IF YOU DID USE AFTERMARKET INK DO NOT TELL THEM. SAY YOU
    > ALWAYS USED THE RIGHT INK.
    >
    > AFTER YOU GET THE NEW PRINTHEAD BE SURE TO GET A SET OF CANON OEM INK.
    > COSTCO IS THE CHEAPEST PLACE I KNOW OF. IF IT ALL WORKS OK NEVER BUY
    > AFTERMARKET INK AGAIN.
    >

    >The ALL CAPS advice is from someone with no experience using anything
    but Canon cartridges. Since we all know that they work acceptably, there
    is no real information in his post.

    In article <YObMe.1563$r54.1339@newssvr19.news.prodigy.com>,
    inkystinky@oem.com says...
    > You make the mistake of many.

    inkystinkys advice is based on hearsay only. He has not tried any of the
    inks he disparages, he has made no mistakes (and has learned nothing),
    but he sure has blown a lot of $$ on overpriced Canon cartridges.

    Refilling with a good brand of ink (and several good ones are available,
    complete with brand name, batch #, etc.) He isn't aware of this, because
    he has never tried any of them. He is a professional naysayer with no
    experience, and the manners of a pig.

    Unless you are a very heavy user, and I mean very heavy, it is not work
    using aftermarket inks or cartridges as they will cause printhead
    problems sooner or later. I suggest under normal use Canon OEM Carts.
    I have an IP4000, same printer but with a larger droplet size and I have
    never had a problem in 10 months of any kind. I have only used OEM
    Canon inks.

    Mary Haggie wrote:

> [...]

    >>>Mary
    >>>Sounds like there is cross colour at the printhead. Suggest you get it
    >>>repaired
    >>>under warranty, some warranty service people may be loath to touch it if
    >>>there
    >>>are non-OEM ink cartridges in the printer so be warned. (Please no OEM
    >>>versus
    >>>non-OEM debates from any lurking zealot, non-OEM ink cannot cause cross
    >>>colour
    >>>at the head!!!).
    >>>Good luck
    >>>Tony
    >>>

    > Well no sooner said than done, rang Canon this morning and emailed my
    >nozzle check pictures and receipt, had a reply that my new print head
    >would arrive by courier tomorrow. I hope I find out whether it is the
    >inks or the print head, will avoid that particular brand of compatible

    I suggest you be very careful when reading Measekite's posts. He believes that
    all head related problems are caused by non-OEM inks, there is no evidence to
    support that. Yes you must select good brands of ink whether OEM or not and I
    strongly recommend you do not use generic inks, only those that are specificall
    designed for your printer (not just Canon) and there are many good makes that
    are. The symptoms you described fit a head failure perfectly and clearly Canon
    agrees, it is most unlikely that it is an ink or cartridge design problem since
    that would exhibit other symptoms.
    Measekite will probably yell again and may even become abusive since that is
    his way, I suspect he thinks that non-OEM inks caused the Bird Flu virus and
    are the root cause of poverty in the world...A kill filter would be a good idea.
    Best wishes
    Tony

    Tony wrote:

    > Mary Haggie <mary.haggie@gmail.com> wrote:
    >
    >>In article <Rr5Me.839$AT7.169@newssvr22.news.prodigy.net>, measekite
    >><inkystinky@oem.com> writes
    >>
    >>>SOUNDS LIKE AFTERMARKET INK MAKES YOU PRINTER STINK. CALL CANON
    >>>SUPPORT. THEY ARE VERY GOOD. THEY WILL PROBABLY SEND YOU A NEW
    >>>PRINTHEAD. IF YOU DID USE AFTERMARKET INK DO NOT TELL THEM. SAY YOU
    >>>ALWAYS USED THE RIGHT INK.
    >>>
    >>>AFTER YOU GET THE NEW PRINTHEAD BE SURE TO GET A SET OF CANON OEM INK.
    >>>COSTCO IS THE CHEAPEST PLACE I KNOW OF. IF IT ALL WORKS OK NEVER BUY
    >>>AFTERMARKET INK AGAIN.

    >>Well no sooner said than done, rang Canon this morning and emailed my
    >>nozzle check pictures and receipt, had a reply that my new print head
    >>would arrive by courier tomorrow. I hope I find out whether it is the
    >>inks or the print head, will avoid that particular brand of compatible
    >>cartridge if it is them.
    >>
    >>Thanks a lot for the interest
    >>
    >>best wishes
    >>
    >>Mary
    >>
    >>--
    >>Mary Haggie
    >

    > I suggest you be very careful when reading Measekite's posts. He believes that
    > all head related problems are caused by non-OEM inks, there is no evidence to
    > support that. Yes you must select good brands of ink whether OEM or not and I
    > strongly recommend you do not use generic inks, only those that are specificall
    > designed for your printer (not just Canon) and there are many good makes that
    > are. The symptoms you described fit a head failure perfectly and clearly Canon
    > agrees, it is most unlikely that it is an ink or cartridge design problem since
    > that would exhibit other symptoms.
    > Measekite will probably yell again and may even become abusive since that is
    > his way, I suspect he thinks that non-OEM inks caused the Bird Flu virus and
    > are the root cause of poverty in the world...A kill filter would be a good idea.
    > Best wishes
    > Tony

    Tony's right Mary. I use only after market inks in my i9900 without any
    problems at all.
    Measekite is probably the most disgusting person to ever post on any
    news group. He lies about after market inks and he has never ever
    actually used after market inks and we all believe that he really is
    paid by canon to post on this ng.
    Don't believe a word he says.
    Frank

    Tony wrote:

    >Mary Haggie <mary.haggie@gmail.com> wrote:
    >

    >>In article <Rr5Me.839$AT7.169@newssvr22.news.prodigy.net>, measekite
    >><inkystinky@oem.com> writes
    >>

    >>>SOUNDS LIKE AFTERMARKET INK MAKES YOU PRINTER STINK. CALL CANON
    >>>SUPPORT. THEY ARE VERY GOOD. THEY WILL PROBABLY SEND YOU A NEW
    >>>PRINTHEAD. IF YOU DID USE AFTERMARKET INK DO NOT TELL THEM. SAY YOU
    >>>ALWAYS USED THE RIGHT INK.
    >>>
    >>>AFTER YOU GET THE NEW PRINTHEAD BE SURE TO GET A SET OF CANON OEM INK.
    >>>COSTCO IS THE CHEAPEST PLACE I KNOW OF. IF IT ALL WORKS OK NEVER BUY
    >>>AFTERMARKET INK AGAIN.

    >>Well no sooner said than done, rang Canon this morning and emailed my
    >>nozzle check pictures and receipt, had a reply that my new print head
    >>would arrive by courier tomorrow. I hope I find out whether it is the
    >>inks or the print head, will avoid that particular brand of compatible
    >>cartridge if it is them.
    >>
    >>Thanks a lot for the interest
    >>
    >>best wishes
    >>
    >>Mary
    >>
    >>--
    >>Mary Haggie
    >>

    >I suggest you be very careful when reading Measekite's posts.

    Do not listen to Tony Da Tiger. He is in the printer business and makes
    his money from this kind of stuff. He will admit it when pressed but
    then tries to minimize the fact by telling you bullshit. Call him out
    on this. Soon you will see that there is a club within this NG and they
    all preach the same stuff. Too bad there are so many people having
    printer problems many of which are caused by advice by this aftermarket
    club.

    >He believes that
    >all head related problems are caused by non-OEM inks, there is no evidence to
    >support that.

    Here comes the qualifier. Just like Microsoft telling you they are not
    aware your problem is a bug and then a couple of months later they issue
    a fix and tell you it is critical to put it on.

    >Yes you must select good brands of ink whether OEM or not and I
    >strongly recommend you do not use generic inks, only those that are specificall
    >designed for your printer (not just Canon) and there are many good makes that
    >are. The symptoms you described fit a head failure perfectly and clearly Canon
    >agrees, it is most unlikely that it is an ink or cartridge design problem since
    >that would exhibit other symptoms.
    >Measekite will probably yell again and may even become abusive since that is
    >his way, I suspect he thinks that non-OEM inks caused the Bird Flu virus and
    >are the root cause of poverty in the world...A kill filter would be a good idea.
    >Best wishes
    >Tony

    I do think that aftermarket inks put money in your pocket. How many
    repairs do you make from this?

    Frank wrote:

    > Tony wrote:
    >
    >> Mary Haggie <mary.haggie@gmail.com> wrote:
    >>
    >>> In article <Rr5Me.839$AT7.169@newssvr22.news.prodigy.net>, measekite
    >>> <inkystinky@oem.com> writes

    >>> Well no sooner said than done, rang Canon this morning and emailed my
    >>> nozzle check pictures and receipt, had a reply that my new print head
    >>> would arrive by courier tomorrow. I hope I find out whether it is the
    >>> inks or the print head, will avoid that particular brand of compatible
    >>> cartridge if it is them.
    >>>
    >>> Thanks a lot for the interest
    >>>
    >>> best wishes
    >>>
    >>> Mary
    >>>
    >>> --
    >>> Mary Haggie
    >>

    >> I suggest you be very careful when reading Measekite's posts. He
    >> believes that all head related problems are caused by non-OEM inks,
    >> there is no evidence to support that. Yes you must select good brands
    >> of ink whether OEM or not and I strongly recommend you do not use
    >> generic inks, only those that are specificall designed for your
    >> printer (not just Canon) and there are many good makes that are. The
    >> symptoms you described fit a head failure perfectly and clearly Canon
    >> agrees, it is most unlikely that it is an ink or cartridge design
    >> problem since that would exhibit other symptoms.
    >> Measekite will probably yell again and may even become abusive since
    >> that is his way, I suspect he thinks that non-OEM inks caused the
    >> Bird Flu virus and are the root cause of poverty in the world...A
    >> kill filter would be a good idea.
    >> Best wishes
    >> Tony
    >>
    > Tony's right Mary. I use only after market inks in my i9900 without
    > any problems at all.
    > Measekite is probably the most disgusting person to ever post on any
    > news group. He lies about after market inks and he has never ever
    > actually used after market inks and we all believe that he really is
    > paid by canon to post on this ng.
    > Don't believe a word he says.
    > Frank

    Don't believe a word he says. He is a member of the aftermarket club.
    As a matter of fact he is the Vice President.

    More rhetoric

    zakezuke wrote:

    >This is not a medium issue. Could be the vessle, i.e. the tanks, but
    >odds are and canon agrees it's the head, or specificly the seals on the
    >head.
    >
    >Let's do the math again shall we? We established before that using a
    >premium refill kit not only save 21% from the start but after using 2oz
    >of ink you saved 78% vs OEM ink.. In other words.. *ALL USERS* not just
    >heavy ones save. This is a fact.
    >
    >As we are dealing with a UK user the numbers are going to be different.
    > In fact.. a replacement head for UK users isn't the same price as the
    >printer. This is good and bad for much the same reason.
    >
    >IP 5000 £157.95 - note this price is a tad high... but given i'm 1/3
    >the way cross the planet I can't pop in the local shop and see true
    >street price. But I know for a fact you can buy a printer at that
    >price including VAT. They spend more than us Yanks, but they do get
    >the cd printing and nice spiffy auto swiching power supplies.
    >£135.99 Is probally closer to reality, but I don't know if that price
    >includes VAT.
    >
    >The ink... £7.59 for BCI6 CMYpK sounds fair £30.36 sounds
    >reasonable.
    >BCI-3e £9.99
    >
    >Assuming these prices quoted include vat, they definatly include free
    >delivery £40.35. This reperesents about 1/4 to 1/3 the value of the
    >printer.
    >
    >The canon head... I don't know where to get that in the UK, so $90 us
    >for Mr. 0057. £50.00 soudns fair to me.
    >
    >http://www.compatible-inkjet-cartridges.co.uk/section.php/454/0/390a4cfef6b0450daa61d5c8ee182768
    >
    >Prices here are just some random dealer I stumbled upon.
    >
    >£4.99 for the black and £3.98 for the color. so £20.91 delivered
    >including VAT.
    >£40.35 - £20.91 = £19.44 save 48%
    >
    >Assuming the value of the head is £50.00 and you use three refills and
    >have to buy a new head... you save £8.32
    >
    >Assuming the value of the head is £50.00, and use of the 3rd party ink
    >reduces the life of the canon head from the estiamted 20 refills to
    >10... you save £194.40 total so a £50.00 head or heck even a new
    >printer would cost less.
    >
    >If you print to the estimated life of the head, you saved £388.80.
    >

    >So while it's *possible* that 3rd party ink might affect your head life
    >(better, worse, neglable)... I gotta say given these numbers if you
    >make it passed 3 replacement tanks (i.e. 15 tanks)... you save money no
    >matter what. This is a fact.. and I didn't shop around to find a great
    >deal.

    > In fact I got 14 cartridges for GBP 17.99, free postage, it was the
    > cheapest I could find, that works out at only gbp 1.30 each or only 6.50
    > for a set of 5 which makes the advantage even greater.
    > Even the Printrite ones are less than 2 pounds each. The Canon originals
    > are 4 to 5 times more expensive

    Yes, using a self refill kit... my cost for the color inks is £1.60
    and the big black is £2.67 on average taking into account the
    refillable tanks in the kit cost £2.21 each... the bulk ink after
    that costs me less than £1.56 - big black £0.94 color and small
    black. But hey if you can actually find prefills for £2.00/per great.
    So £40.00ish vs £10.00ish. Sounds like to me if you make it past 2
    refills (10 tanks) and your still printing, even if you must get
    another head you are still ahead.. assuming the head price is the same
    cross the pond.

    Do keep in mind that some of the cheaper solutions may be as light fast
    as others... though canon was never known for this in their ink in the
    first place. If your putting things on display it might help to do
    some homework on other users who have at least done a windowseat test.
    But on the other hand... given the fact that i'm spending round and
    abouts of 2 pounds for my tanks and ink... and i'm pretty pleased so
    far with it's quality and lightfastness... it's reasonable to assume
    that 2 pound solutions could be decent.

    Lyson i've heard is excelent but tends to cost as much as Canon OEM...
    but are reported to be lightfast for 25years or so under normal display
    condtions under glass. Not great but better than canon. Based in the
    UK IIRC.

    Cartridge World I don't know what ink they carry.

    This is my limit of what I know about the UK market.

    But if what you are using makes you happy.... go with it. Nothing
    worse than a network full of jarheads that are trying to make
    assumotions what you needs.are. While i would reccomend visiting
    http://www.nifty-stuff.com/forum/viewforum.php?id=12 and asking about
    the options.. I doubt you can find anything priced lower than you
    already found.

    Hi Peckerface. You are one I can count on.

    Irwin Peckinloomer wrote:
    > In article <YObMe.1563$r54.1339@newssvr19.news.prodigy.com>,
    > inkystinky@oem.com says...
    >
    >>You make the mistake of many.
    >
    > Refilling with a good brand of ink (and several good ones are available,
    > complete with brand name, batch #, etc.) He isn't aware of this, because
    > he has never tried any of them. He is a professional naysayer with no
    > experience, and the manners of a pig.

    Except pigs don't spam an NG with the same old same old, followed up by
    adolescent name calling. Actually, it's more like a six year old's
    "manners".

    Now that most of us have him killfiled, I look forward to the day when
    no one, esp. myself, ever feels a need to even mention him.

    --
    John McWilliams
  25. Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

    In article <1124156223.056285.146830@g44g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>,
> [...]
    >reduces the life of the canon head from the estiamted 20 refills to
    >10... you save £194.40 total so a £50.00 head or heck even a new
    >printer would cost less.
    >
    >If you print to the estimated life of the head, you saved £388.80.
    >

    >So while it's *possible* that 3rd party ink might affect your head life
    >(better, worse, neglable)... I gotta say given these numbers if you
    >make it passed 3 replacement tanks (i.e. 15 tanks)... you save money no
    >matter what. This is a fact.. and I didn't shop around to find a great
    >deal.

    In fact I got 14 cartridges for GBP 17.99, free postage, it was the
    cheapest I could find, that works out at only gbp 1.30 each or only 6.50
    for a set of 5 which makes the advantage even greater.
    Even the Printrite ones are less than 2 pounds each. The Canon originals

  26. Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

    In article <part1of1.1.A#WvNu1x3RlhvQ@ue.ph>, Tony <?@?.?> writes
    >Mary Haggie <mary.haggie@gmail.com> wrote:
    >>In article <Rr5Me.839$AT7.169@newssvr22.news.prodigy.net>, measekite
    >><inkystinky@oem.com> writes
    >>>SOUNDS LIKE AFTERMARKET INK MAKES YOU PRINTER STINK. CALL CANON
    >>>SUPPORT. THEY ARE VERY GOOD. THEY WILL PROBABLY SEND YOU A NEW
    >>>PRINTHEAD. IF YOU DID USE AFTERMARKET INK DO NOT TELL THEM. SAY YOU
    >>>ALWAYS USED THE RIGHT INK.
    >>>
    >>>AFTER YOU GET THE NEW PRINTHEAD BE SURE TO GET A SET OF CANON OEM INK.
    >>>COSTCO IS THE CHEAPEST PLACE I KNOW OF. IF IT ALL WORKS OK NEVER BUY
    >>>AFTERMARKET INK AGAIN.

    >> Well no sooner said than done, rang Canon this morning and emailed my
    >>nozzle check pictures and receipt, had a reply that my new print head
    >>would arrive by courier tomorrow. I hope I find out whether it is the
    >>inks or the print head, will avoid that particular brand of compatible
    >>cartridge if it is them.
    >>
    >>Thanks a lot for the interest
    >>
    >>best wishes
    >>
    >>Mary
    >>
    >>--
    >>Mary Haggie
    >
    >I suggest you be very careful when reading Measekite's posts. He believes that
    >all head related problems are caused by non-OEM inks, there is no evidence to
    >support that. Yes you must select good brands of ink whether OEM or not and I
    >strongly recommend you do not use generic inks, only those that are specificall
    >designed for your printer (not just Canon) and there are many good makes that
    >are. The symptoms you described fit a head failure perfectly and clearly Canon
    >agrees, it is most unlikely that it is an ink or cartridge design problem since
    >that would exhibit other symptoms.
    >Measekite will probably yell again and may even become abusive since that is
    >his way, I suspect he thinks that non-OEM inks caused the Bird Flu virus and
    >are the root cause of poverty in the world...A kill filter would be a good idea.
    >Best wishes
    >Tony

    Thanks for the chuckle! I think in any case I will change to Printrite
    inks as I used them in my Epson printers for nearly 10 years with no
    probs.
    I did follow advice from another site recommended here, and mopped up
    lots of black in from the sponges where the print head rests, so that
    has helped.

    Thanks!

    Best wishes

    Mary
    --
    Mary Haggie
  27. Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

    In article <1124191478.137423.53340@g49g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>,
    zakezuke <zakezuke_us@yahoo.com> writes
    >> In fact I got 14 cartridges for GBP 17.99, free postage, it was the
    >> cheapest I could find, that works out at only gbp 1.30 each or only 6.50
    >> for a set of 5 which makes the advantage even greater.
    >> Even the Printrite ones are less than 2 pounds each. The Canon originals
    >> are 4 to 5 times more expensive
    >
    >Yes, using a self refill kit... my cost for the color inks is £1.60
    >and the big black is £2.67 on average taking into account the
    >refillable tanks in the kit cost £2.21 each... the bulk ink after
    >that costs me less than £1.56 - big black £0.94 color and small
    >black. But hey if you can actually find prefills for £2.00/per great.
    > So £40.00ish vs £10.00ish. Sounds like to me if you make it past 2
    >refills (10 tanks) and your still printing, even if you must get
    >another head you are still ahead.. assuming the head price is the same
    >cross the pond.
    >
    >Do keep in mind that some of the cheaper solutions may be as light fast
    >as others... though canon was never known for this in their ink in the
    >first place. If your putting things on display it might help to do
    >some homework on other users who have at least done a windowseat test.
    >But on the other hand... given the fact that i'm spending round and
    >abouts of 2 pounds for my tanks and ink... and i'm pretty pleased so
    >far with it's quality and lightfastness... it's reasonable to assume
    >that 2 pound solutions could be decent.
    >
    >Lyson i've heard is excelent but tends to cost as much as Canon OEM...
    >but are reported to be lightfast for 25years or so under normal display
    >condtions under glass. Not great but better than canon. Based in the
    >UK IIRC.
    >
    >Cartridge World I don't know what ink they carry.
    >
    >This is my limit of what I know about the UK market.
    >
    >But if what you are using makes you happy.... go with it. Nothing
    >worse than a network full of jarheads that are trying to make
    >assumotions what you needs.are. While i would reccomend visiting
    >http://www.nifty-stuff.com/forum/viewforum.php?id=12 and asking about
    >the options.. I doubt you can find anything priced lower than you
    >already found.

    Thanks I visited the forum you mentioned yesterday and found it very
    informative indeed with lots of links, one of which I followed to mop up
    all the black ink on the sponges inside the printer.
    I don't do anything too important print-wise, just lots of greetings
    cards and printing graphics for cards and hundreds of card inserts for
    the ladies at my craft club, but it uses a fair amount of ink!

    you have been very helpful thanks again

    Mary
    --
    Mary Haggie
  28. Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

    > Is that all? That's a scarily small number? The first colour machine I
    > had was an Epson Stylus 600 (excluding a second hand HP 500c which was
    > pretty lousy) and I think that the manual reckoned its life was around
    > 75,000 pages.

    This may be true but the epson r800 for example is rated at 25,000
    pages, and it costs a wee bit more than the other guys.

    Well, you have rated duty cycle and you have reality. There is this bj
    2100 of my nieces that after a good head cleaning with windex keeps on
    printing. then again she's a very light user.

    The canon lists it's duty cycle as being the same as the head in the
    american service manual. This makes sense as the value of the head is
    close to the value of the printer, and a printer comes with a full set
    of ink. Logicly speaking if you need both a head and ink.. $60 ish and
    $50 ish.. not to speak of out of warranty diaper replacement... average
    joe user would save money with a new printer. Odds are anyway.

    My point.. really I was trying to make one... the thermal head while
    being pretty good doesn't have an unlimited life in the first place...
    and head failure can happen and is expected to happen after about
    10,000p of black and 10,000p of color there and abouts.
  29. Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

    In message <1124164520.500224.19820@g43g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>,
    zakezuke <zakezuke_us@yahoo.com> writes
    >Funny thing is... you'll get printhead problems sooner or later anyway.
    > The canon printhead... thermal bubblejet... is on the low end of the
    >scale in terms of life. The printer is only rated for a max duty cycle
    >of 20,000p, or about 20 tank changes. Thermal heads burn out.. that's
    >a fact.

    Is that all? That's a scarily small number? The first colour machine I
    had was an Epson Stylus 600 (excluding a second hand HP 500c which was
    pretty lousy) and I think that the manual reckoned its life was around
    75,000 pages.

    --
    Timothy
  30. Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

    Mary Haggie wrote:

> [...]
    >>reduces the life of the canon head from the estiamted 20 refills to
    >>10... you save £194.40 total so a £50.00 head or heck even a new
    >>printer would cost less.
    >>
    >>If you print to the estimated life of the head, you saved £388.80.
    >>

    >>So while it's *possible* that 3rd party ink might affect your head life
    >>(better, worse, neglable)... I gotta say given these numbers if you
    >>make it passed 3 replacement tanks (i.e. 15 tanks)... you save money no
    >>matter what. This is a fact.. and I didn't shop around to find a great
    >>deal.
    >>

    >In fact I got 14 cartridges for GBP 17.99, free postage, it was the
    >cheapest I could find, that works out at only gbp 1.30 each or only 6.50
    >for a set of 5 which makes the advantage even greater.
    >Even the Printrite ones are less than 2 pounds each. The Canon originals

    Happy Clogging
  31. Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

    Mary Haggie wrote:

    >In article <part1of1.1.A#WvNu1x3RlhvQ@ue.ph>, Tony <?@?.?> writes
    >

    >>Mary Haggie <mary.haggie@gmail.com> wrote:
    >>

    >>>In article <Rr5Me.839$AT7.169@newssvr22.news.prodigy.net>, measekite
    >>><inkystinky@oem.com> writes

    >>>Well no sooner said than done, rang Canon this morning and emailed my
    >>>nozzle check pictures and receipt, had a reply that my new print head
    >>>would arrive by courier tomorrow. I hope I find out whether it is the
    >>>inks or the print head, will avoid that particular brand of compatible
    >>>cartridge if it is them.
    >>>
    >>>Thanks a lot for the interest
    >>>
    >>>best wishes
    >>>
    >>>Mary
    >>>
    >>>--
    >>>Mary Haggie
    >>>

    >>I suggest you be very careful when reading Measekite's posts. He believes that
    >>all head related problems are caused by non-OEM inks, there is no evidence to
    >>support that. Yes you must select good brands of ink whether OEM or not and I
    >>strongly recommend you do not use generic inks, only those that are specificall
    >>designed for your printer (not just Canon) and there are many good makes that
    >>are. The symptoms you described fit a head failure perfectly and clearly Canon
    >>agrees, it is most unlikely that it is an ink or cartridge design problem since
    >>that would exhibit other symptoms.
    >>Measekite will probably yell again and may even become abusive since that is
    >>his way, I suspect he thinks that non-OEM inks caused the Bird Flu virus and
    >>are the root cause of poverty in the world...A kill filter would be a good idea.
    >>Best wishes
    >>Tony
    >>

    > Thanks for the chuckle! I think in any case I will change to Printrite
    >inks as I used them in my Epson printers for nearly 10 years with no
    >probs.
    >I did follow advice from another site recommended here, and mopped up
    >lots of black in from the sponges where the print head rests, so that
    >has helped.
    >
    >Thanks!
    >
    >Best wishes
    >
    >Mary

    Happy Clogging
  32. Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

    Mary Haggie wrote:

    >In article <1124191478.137423.53340@g49g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>,
    >zakezuke <zakezuke_us@yahoo.com> writes
    >

    >>>In fact I got 14 cartridges for GBP 17.99, free postage, it was the
    >>>cheapest I could find, that works out at only gbp 1.30 each or only 6.50
    >>>for a set of 5 which makes the advantage even greater.
    >>>Even the Printrite ones are less than 2 pounds each. The Canon originals
    >>>are 4 to 5 times more expensive
    >>>

    >>Yes, using a self refill kit... my cost for the color inks is £1.60
    >>and the big black is £2.67 on average taking into account the
    >>refillable tanks in the kit cost £2.21 each... the bulk ink after
    >>that costs me less than £1.56 - big black £0.94 color and small
    >>black. But hey if you can actually find prefills for £2.00/per great.
    >>So £40.00ish vs £10.00ish. Sounds like to me if you make it past 2
    >>refills (10 tanks) and your still printing, even if you must get
    >>another head you are still ahead.. assuming the head price is the same
    >>cross the pond.
    >>
    >>Do keep in mind that some of the cheaper solutions may be as light fast
    >>as others... though canon was never known for this in their ink in the
    >>first place. If your putting things on display it might help to do
    >>some homework on other users who have at least done a windowseat test.
    >>But on the other hand... given the fact that i'm spending round and
    >>abouts of 2 pounds for my tanks and ink... and i'm pretty pleased so
    >>far with it's quality and lightfastness... it's reasonable to assume
    >>that 2 pound solutions could be decent.
    >>
    >>Lyson i've heard is excelent but tends to cost as much as Canon OEM...
    >>but are reported to be lightfast for 25years or so under normal display
    >>condtions under glass. Not great but better than canon. Based in the
    >>UK IIRC.
    >>
    >>Cartridge World I don't know what ink they carry.
    >>
    >>This is my limit of what I know about the UK market.
    >>
    >>But if what you are using makes you happy.... go with it. Nothing
    >>worse than a network full of jarheads that are trying to make
    >>assumotions what you needs.are. While i would reccomend visiting
    >>http://www.nifty-stuff.com/forum/viewforum.php?id=12 and asking about
    >>the options.. I doubt you can find anything priced lower than you
    >>already found.
    >>

    > Thanks I visited the forum you mentioned yesterday and found it very
    >informative indeed with lots of links, one of which I followed to mop up
    >all the black ink on the sponges inside the printer.
    >I don't do anything too important print-wise, just lots of greetings
    >cards and printing graphics for cards and hundreds of card inserts for
    >the ladies at my craft club, but it uses a fair amount of ink!
    >
    >you have been very helpful thanks again
    >
    >Mary

    There you have Burtie Furtie aka forofreek. Happy Clogging
  33. Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

    Stick Stickus wrote:
    > Once again you respond with insults when the rubbish you spout is
    > disproved. When you grow up maybe then you will be able to formulate an
    > intelligent response although I doubt it.
    > Stick

    Ha...I see this moron measershits trash in your reply. He's the sickest
    wacko on the web.
    Kill file his mentally demented ass as I have and be done with the idiot.
    Frank
  34. Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

    >>Cartridge World I don't know what ink they carry.

    >They use inks from OCP (largest manufacturer in Europe) and also
    >Formulabs(sensient inks).

    Took a while to find your reply, I was asking what the hell was this
    man quoting my entire post for. While i'm not an old school posting
    snob.. I could care less about top or bottom posting... but the method
    you selected to quote me and add something isn't easily understood.

    But yes, I've heard they used OCP and Formulabs inks. I don't know
    this for a fact, nor do I know what you'd expect to find in BCI-6
    refills. Is this company exclusivly in the business of refilling old
    tanks or can you buy prefills?
  35. Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

    "zakezuke" <zakezuke_us@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > In fact I got 14 cartridges for GBP 17.99, free postage, it was the
    > cheapest I could find, that works out at only gbp 1.30 each or only 6.50
    > for a set of 5 which makes the advantage even greater.
    > Even the Printrite ones are less than 2 pounds each. The Canon originals
    > are 4 to 5 times more expensive

    Yes, using a self refill kit... my cost for the color inks is £1.60
    and the big black is £2.67 on average taking into account the
    refillable tanks in the kit cost £2.21 each... the bulk ink after
    that costs me less than £1.56 - big black £0.94 color and small
    black. But hey if you can actually find prefills for £2.00/per great.
    So £40.00ish vs £10.00ish. Sounds like to me if you make it past 2
    refills (10 tanks) and your still printing, even if you must get
    another head you are still ahead.. assuming the head price is the same
    cross the pond.

    Do keep in mind that some of the cheaper solutions may be as light fast
    as others... though canon was never known for this in their ink in the
    first place. If your putting things on display it might help to do
    some homework on other users who have at least done a windowseat test.
    But on the other hand... given the fact that i'm spending round and
    abouts of 2 pounds for my tanks and ink... and i'm pretty pleased so
    far with it's quality and lightfastness... it's reasonable to assume
    that 2 pound solutions could be decent.

    Lyson i've heard is excelent but tends to cost as much as Canon OEM...
    but are reported to be lightfast for 25years or so under normal display
    condtions under glass. Not great but better than canon. Based in the
    UK IIRC.

    Cartridge World I don't know what ink they carry.

    >They use inks from OCP (largest manufacturer in Europe) and also
    >Formulabs(sensient inks).

    This is my limit of what I know about the UK market.

    But if what you are using makes you happy.... go with it. Nothing
    worse than a network full of jarheads that are trying to make
    assumotions what you needs.are. While i would reccomend visiting
    http://www.nifty-stuff.com/forum/viewforum.php?id=12 and asking about
    the options.. I doubt you can find anything priced lower than you
    already found.
  36. Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

    Frank wrote:

    > Stick Stickus wrote:
    >
    >> Once again you respond with insults when the rubbish you spout is
    >> disproved. When you grow up maybe then you will be able to formulate
    >> an intelligent response although I doubt it.
    >> Stick
    >

    > Ha...I am the sickest wacko on the web.
    > Kill file his mentally demented ass as I have and be done with the
    > idiot. Frank
  37. Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

    > I am also very temoted to use 3rd party inks but so pleased with the
    > Canon I seem to stuck with Canon inks.

    More power too you... if you are happy your happy. It's not foolish to
    use a product and make a judgement that it's OK for your needs. Too
    many people around here forget this... and tend to believe that their
    way is the only way.

    > Whats lacking in this forum is a 'sensible' debate of which are 'good
    > inks' and 'good cartridge' brands to buy, up til now there's just
    > piffle about after market ink verus OEM inks post after post after
    > post after post.

    I couldn't agree with you more. Unfortunatly just about every post...
    just about every one ends up being a debate about OEM vs aftermarket.
    But hey... by all means start a thread on the subject. It's starting
    to calm down as users get killfiled, they can rant on as long as they
    want.

    The information you are looking for is scattered among many posts. It
    would be nice to start a tread listing all the manufactors, suppliers,
    brand names and whatnot in a singular thread.

    > There must in this hi tech world of after market inks be bad brands
    > and good brands, or is it the fear of god of getting sued...?

    The only suit I know of was the priterite suit... and I believe that's
    because they said "epson" on the chips offered for epson printer so
    when the printer would read the chip, it wouldn't complain it was not
    epson ink every damn time you printed something.

    Generally speaking you can't really sue someone for speaking the
    truth... well you can. I can for example say X brand causes clogs...
    and X company could in theory sue me. The burden of proof is on them
    whether they suffered as a result of my claim, but the burden of
    whether it was a true statement is on me.

    > I asked this question a couple of times which no one seems to be able
    > to answer, I would have expected someone to say, "Oh, my printer
    > clogged with this but it did'nt clog with that".

    I'm most pleased with the refill kit offered by inksupply.com. The MIS
    label so far has been consistant in color... and not a single clog
    using roughly... probally 2oz by now of color. I'm still on the bci-3e
    OEM cart that came with the printer.

    http://www.neilslade.com/Papers/inktest.html

    I was also pleased by the epson ink by the same company, and the r200 I
    used it on worked just dandy for 6 months. It finally got sent to the
    shop due to being over full with ink. But oddly enough I got a clog on
    the OEM ink, and switching mediums cleared it up, spewed out that clog
    on one of my dvd covers.

    I've not done enough experimenting to be able to say this ink clogs
    that printer. Like your self I was pleased with a given product and
    plan to stick with it. I am curious about Mediastreet, formula labs,
    and lyson inks... but i'm lazy.
  38. Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

    Apologies for the confusion!

    You buy oems, pre-fills, compats and get yours refilled.

    --
    Regards
    Stick, Oxford, UK

    >>>Cartridge World I don't know what ink they carry.
    >
    >>They use inks from OCP (largest manufacturer in Europe) and also
    >>Formulabs(sensient inks).
    >
    > Took a while to find your reply, I was asking what the hell was this
    > man quoting my entire post for. While i'm not an old school posting
    > snob.. I could care less about top or bottom posting... but the method
    > you selected to quote me and add something isn't easily understood.
    >
    > But yes, I've heard they used OCP and Formulabs inks. I don't know
    > this for a fact, nor do I know what you'd expect to find in BCI-6
    > refills. Is this company exclusivly in the business of refilling old
    > tanks or can you buy prefills?

  39. Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

    The ip5000 now three months old and never wanted a head check or
    clean, I do use Canon ink at the mo, some days it's not been used and
    still prints perfect - sheer bliss compared to the Epson which clogged
    on the 2nd day, the replacemnt clogged on the 4th day and thats with
    Epson inks.

    I am also very temoted to use 3rd party inks but so pleased with the
    Canon I seem to stuck with Canon inks.

    Whats lacking in this forum is a 'sensible' debate of which are 'good
    inks' and 'good cartridge' brands to buy, up til now there's just
    piffle about after market ink verus OEM inks post after post after
    post after post.

    There must in this hi tech world of after market inks be bad brands
    and good brands, or is it the fear of god of getting sued...?

    I used Epson inks for the Epson and they still clogged, I used Canon
    ink for the Canon and still it ain't clogged in 3 months, so do I
    stick with Canon ink or try any other?

    I asked this question a couple of times which no one seems to be able
    to answer, I would have expected someone to say, "Oh, my printer
    clogged with this but it did'nt clog with that".

    Davy
  40. Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

    Then you Stikus them up your ass

    Stick Stickus wrote:

    >Apologies for the confusion!
    >
    >You buy oems, pre-fills, compats and get yours refilled.

  41. Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

    zakezuke wrote:

    >>I am also very temoted to use 3rd party inks but so pleased with the
    >>Canon I seem to stuck with Canon inks.

    That is a good decision.

    >More power too you... if you are happy your happy. It's not foolish to
    >use a product and make a judgement that it's OK for your needs. Too
    >many people around here forget this... and tend to believe that their
    >way is the only way.
    >

    >>Whats lacking in this forum is a 'sensible' debate of which are 'good
    >>inks' and 'good cartridge' brands to buy, up til now there's just
    >>piffle about after market ink verus OEM inks post after post after
    >>post after post.

    That is impossible. For there are no brands. Prefilled carts haved
    vendor labels and they will not disclose the mfg/formulator name
    signifying the brand. You are dealing with a bunch of whores.

    >I couldn't agree with you more. Unfortunatly just about every post...
    >just about every one ends up being a debate about OEM vs aftermarket.
    >But hey... by all means start a thread on the subject. It's starting
    >to calm down as users get killfiled, they can rant on as long as they
    >want.
    >
    >The information you are looking for is scattered among many posts. It
    >would be nice to start a tread listing all the manufactors, suppliers,
    >brand names and whatnot in a singular thread.
    >

    >>There must in this hi tech world of after market inks be bad brands
    >>and good brands, or is it the fear of god of getting sued...?

    There are no brands.

    >The only suit I know of was the priterite suit... and I believe that's
    >because they said "epson" on the chips offered for epson printer so
    >when the printer would read the chip, it wouldn't complain it was not
    >epson ink every damn time you printed something.
    >
    >Generally speaking you can't really sue someone for speaking the
    >truth... well you can. I can for example say X brand causes clogs...
    >and X company could in theory sue me. The burden of proof is on them
    >whether they suffered as a result of my claim, but the burden of
    >whether it was a true statement is on me.
    >

    >>I asked this question a couple of times which no one seems to be able
    >>to answer, I would have expected someone to say, "Oh, my printer
    >>clogged with this but it did'nt clog with that".
    >>

    >I'm most pleased with the refill kit offered by inksupply.com. The MIS
    >label so far has been consistant in color... and not a single clog
    >using roughly... probally 2oz by now of color. I'm still on the bci-3e
    >OEM cart that came with the printer.
    >
    >http://www.neilslade.com/Papers/inktest.html
    >
    >I was also pleased by the epson ink by the same company, and the r200 I
    >used it on worked just dandy for 6 months. It finally got sent to the
    >shop due to being over full with ink. But oddly enough I got a clog on
    >the OEM ink, and switching mediums cleared it up, spewed out that clog
    >on one of my dvd covers.
    >
    >I've not done enough experimenting to be able to say this ink clogs
    >that printer. Like your self I was pleased with a given product and
    >plan to stick with it. I am curious about Mediastreet, formula labs,
    >and lyson inks... but i'm lazy.

  42. Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

    In article <Cu3Ne.467$zD3.179@newssvr29.news.prodigy.net>,
    inkystinky@oem.com says...

    Canon carts have Canon vendor labels and they will not disclose the
    mfg/formulator name signifying the brand. You are dealing with a bunch
    of whores.
  43. Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

    Irwin Peckinloomer wrote:
    > In article <Cu3Ne.467$zD3.179@newssvr29.news.prodigy.net>,
    > inkystinky@oem.com says...
    >
    > Canon carts have Canon vendor labels and they will not disclose the
    > mfg/formulator name signifying the brand. You are dealing with a bunch
    > of whores.

    Absolutely! None of the major printer companies will divulge that
    information. It is considered trade secrets.
    You can get more info from after market ink vendors than you can from
    those corporate whores.
    That's a known fact.
    Frank
  44. Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

    Frank wrote:

    > Irwin Peckinloomer wrote:
    >
    >> In article <Cu3Ne.467$zD3.179@newssvr29.news.prodigy.net>,
    >> inkystinky@oem.com says...
    >>
    >> Canon carts have Canon vendor labels and they will not disclose the
    >> mfg/formulator name signifying the brand. You are dealing with a
    >> bunch of whores.
    >

    > Absolutely! None of the major printer companies will divulge that
    > information. It is considered trade secrets.
    > You can get more info from after market ink vendors than you can from
    > those corporate whores.
    > That's a known fact.
    > Frank

    DO NOT BELIVE THIS LYING JERK OF AN IDIOT.
  45. Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

    measekite wrote:

    > Frank wrote:
    >
    >> Irwin Peckinloomer wrote:
    >>
    >>> In article <Cu3Ne.467$zD3.179@newssvr29.news.prodigy.net>,
    >>> inkystinky@oem.com says...
    >>>
    >>> Canon carts have Canon vendor labels and they will not disclose the
    >>> mfg/formulator name signifying the brand. You are dealing with a
    >>> bunch of whores.
    >>

    >> Absolutely! None of the major printer companies will divulge that
    >> information. It is considered trade secrets.
    >> You can get more info from after market ink vendors than you can from
    >> those corporate whores.
    >> That's a known fact.
    >> Frank
    >

    > DO NOT BELIVE THIS LYING JERK OF AN IDIOT.

    Anyone who takes the time to read back thru this news group postings
    will quickly discover that you and not mr frank are the one who is
    deceitful and full of vile hatred for the truth. I can't conceive of
    anyone believing anything you say or have said for a long time. You and
    the truth are not acquainted.
    Jon B.
  46. Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

    In article <rEwNe.630$GV7.375@newssvr25.news.prodigy.net>,
    inkystinky@oem.com says...

    > Frank wrote:
    >
    > > Irwin Peckinloomer wrote:
    > >
    > >> In article <Cu3Ne.467$zD3.179@newssvr29.news.prodigy.net>,
    > >> inkystinky@oem.com says...
    > >>
    > >> Canon carts have Canon vendor labels and they will not disclose the
    > >> mfg/formulator name signifying the brand. You are dealing with a
    > >> bunch of whores.
    > >

    > > Absolutely! None of the major printer companies will divulge that
    > > information. It is considered trade secrets.
    > > You can get more info from after market ink vendors than you can from
    > > those corporate whores.
    > > That's a known fact.
    > > Frank
    >

    > DO NOT BELIVE THIS LYING JERK OF AN IDIOT.

    I belive him. (or should that be "I belive heem"?) My ESL is a little
    (leetle?) rusty.
  47. Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

    Another Putz

    Jon B. wrote:

    > measekite wrote:
    >

    >> Frank wrote:

    >>> Absolutely! None of the major printer companies will divulge that
    >>> information. It is considered trade secrets.
    >>> You can get more info from after market ink vendors than you can
    >>> from those corporate whores.
    >>> That's a known fact.
    >>> Frank
    >>

    >> DO NOT BELIVE THIS LYING JERK OF AN IDIOT.
    >

    > Anyone who takes the time to read back thru this news group postings
    > will quickly discover that you and not mr frank are the one who is
    > deceitful and full of vile hatred for the truth. I can't conceive of
    > anyone believing anything you say or have said for a long time. You
    > and the truth are not acquainted.
    > Jon B.
  48. Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

    measekite wrote:
    > Another Putz
    >
    > Jon B. wrote:
    >
    >> measekite wrote:

    >>> DO NOT BELIVE THIS LYING JERK OF AN IDIOT.
    >>

    >> Anyone who takes the time to read back thru this news group postings
    >> will quickly discover that you and not mr frank are the one who is
    >> deceitful and full of vile hatred for the truth. I can't conceive of
    >> anyone believing anything you say or have said for a long time. You
    >> and the truth are not acquainted.
    >> Jon B.

    Calling me names does nothing for your credibility. In fact it only
    serves to bolster mine.
    Jon B.
  49. Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

    Irwin Peckinloomer wrote:

    >In article <rEwNe.630$GV7.375@newssvr25.news.prodigy.net>,
    >inkystinky@oem.com says...
    >

    >>Frank wrote:

    >>>Absolutely! None of the major printer companies will divulge that
    >>>information. It is considered trade secrets.
    >>>You can get more info from after market ink vendors than you can from
    >>>those corporate whores.
    >>>That's a known fact.
    >>>Frank
    >>>

    >>DO NOT BELIVE THIS LYING JERK OF AN IDIOT.
    >>

    >I belive him. (or should that be "I belive heem"?) My ESL is a little
    >(leetle?) rusty.

    Your Pecker-Bloomer is a lettle rustry

Printers Pixma Canon Peripherals