"Disk defragmenter could not initialize" :(

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.applications,microsoft.public.win2000.file_system (More info?)

I am getting the above error whenever I try to analyse or defrag my drives,

MS knowledgebase says it can happen on NTFS-formatted drives, but it happens
on ALL my drives - some of which are FAT32.
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;274106
This started a few weeks ago, so it's not because the drives are excessively
fragmented.

I downloaded and installed Diskeeper, but get the message "Diskeeper could
not initialize" instead....

Any ideas what else might be causing this?

Hi!

I think I hade it myself. If I not misstaken I fixed with
a "chkdsk /F /R"
Try!