Reocurring Error

bman

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Application popup: Quake 3: Arena: quake3.exe - Application Error : The
instruction at "0x004738c7" referenced memory at "0x00e23c04". The memory
could not be "written".

Click on OK to terminate the program
Click on CANCEL to debug the program

I have had this problem before and reinstalled windows. No Dice this time.
Everytime i get half way through reinstalling windows, it just dies off. If
i finish the installation, and run the Seagate Diag, the HD test fine and so
does the board, the only thing that test bad is the NTFS file system. I can
not understand this, ive tried 3 different CD-Rom Drives, and 5 different
hard drives. Memory tests ok. Does anyone know what the possiblity could
be. I even tried flashing my Bios......if you have any ideas, just email me
at drjewbacca797@hotmail.com, i would so much appreciate it. Thanks

Details of "it just dies off" may help. To do a clean install, either boot
the Windows 2000 install CD-Rom or setup disks. The set of four install
disks can be created from your Windows 2000 CD-Rom; change to the \bootdisk
directory on the CD-Rom and execute makeboot.exe (from dos) or makebt32.exe
(from 32 bit) and follow the prompts.

Be sure to apply these to your new install before connecting to any network.

http://download.microsoft.com/download/E/6/A/E6A04295-D2A8-40D0-A0C5-241BFECD095E/W2KSP4_EN.EXE

Regards,

Microsoft Certified Professional
Microsoft MVP [Windows]
http://www.microsoft.com/protect

"BMan" wrote:
| Application popup: Quake 3: Arena: quake3.exe - Application Error : The
| instruction at "0x004738c7" referenced memory at "0x00e23c04". The memory
| could not be "written".
|
| Click on OK to terminate the program
| Click on CANCEL to debug the program
|
| I have had this problem before and reinstalled windows. No Dice this time.
| Everytime i get half way through reinstalling windows, it just dies off.
If
| i finish the installation, and run the Seagate Diag, the HD test fine and
so
| does the board, the only thing that test bad is the NTFS file system. I
can
| not understand this, ive tried 3 different CD-Rom Drives, and 5 different
| hard drives. Memory tests ok. Does anyone know what the possiblity could
| be. I even tried flashing my Bios......if you have any ideas, just email
me
| at drjewbacca797@hotmail.com, i would so much appreciate it. Thanks

TRENDING THREADS