SP2 on CD

I went to the Microsoft site to get the SP2 update, and it looks like
the only one I could find is the Pro
edition. The title is;"

Windows XP Professional SP2 English NA Patch CD Web Only
Pro/Home.
Is this the one I want? I have the home edition.

Thanks,
Frank
3 answers Last reply
More about tomshardware

    On Wed, 03 Nov 2004, Frank Dennis <seafd3@snet.net> wrote:
    >I went to the Microsoft site to get the SP2 update, and it looks like
    >the only one I could find is the Pro edition. The title is;"

    The link I have
    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/downloads/updates/sp2/cdorder/en_us/default.mspx

    Very clearly says it is for Home or Pro
    "A PC with Windows XP Home Edition, Professional, Media Center
    Edition, or Tablet PC Edition installed"

    John Thomas Smith
    http://www.direct2usales.com
    http://www.pacifier.com/~jtsmith

    This is the one you want. There is only one free SP2 patch CD. It
    works on both Home and Pro.

    "Frank Dennis" <seafd3@snet.net> wrote in message
    > I went to the Microsoft site to get the SP2 update, and it looks
    like
    > the only one I could find is the Pro
    > edition. The title is;"
    >
    > Windows XP Professional SP2 English NA Patch CD Web Only
    > Pro/Home.
    > Is this the one I want? I have the home edition.
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Frank

    Frank, that's the one. There is only 1 SP2 CD and it works on Home,
    Professional or Media Center, at least that's what the one I have says on
    it.

    "Frank Dennis" <seafd3@snet.net> wrote in message
    I went to the Microsoft site to get the SP2 update, and it looks like
    the only one I could find is the Pro
    edition. The title is;"

    Windows XP Professional SP2 English NA Patch CD Web Only
    Pro/Home.
    Is this the one I want? I have the home edition.

    Thanks,
    Frank

CD-Rom Microsoft Windows XP