SP2 on CD

November 3, 2004 11:49:49 PM

I went to the Microsoft site to get the SP2 update, and it looks like
the only one I could find is the Pro
edition. The title is;"

Windows XP Professional SP2 English NA Patch CD Web Only
Pro/Home.
Is this the one I want? I have the home edition.

Thanks,
Frank

More about : sp2

Anonymous
November 3, 2004 11:49:50 PM

On Wed, 03 Nov 2004, Frank Dennis <seafd3@snet.net> wrote:
>I went to the Microsoft site to get the SP2 update, and it looks like
>the only one I could find is the Pro edition. The title is;"

The link I have
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/downloads/updates/sp...

Very clearly says it is for Home or Pro
"A PC with Windows XP Home Edition, Professional, Media Center
Edition, or Tablet PC Edition installed"

John Thomas Smith
http://www.direct2usales.com
http://www.pacifier.com/~jtsmith
Anonymous
November 3, 2004 11:49:50 PM

This is the one you want. There is only one free SP2 patch CD. It
works on both Home and Pro.

"Frank Dennis" <seafd3@snet.net> wrote in message
> I went to the Microsoft site to get the SP2 update, and it looks
like
> the only one I could find is the Pro
> edition. The title is;"
>
> Windows XP Professional SP2 English NA Patch CD Web Only
> Pro/Home.
> Is this the one I want? I have the home edition.
>
> Thanks,
> Frank

November 3, 2004 11:58:17 PM

Frank, that's the one. There is only 1 SP2 CD and it works on Home,
Professional or Media Center, at least that's what the one I have says on
it.

!