Myst Selenitic Age-can't get levers set in Rocket

Anyone found the trick for getting the levers set correctly in the Rocket. I
know the settings for levers 1 through 5, however, i have tried over a
hundred times with no success. Any suggestions?
5 answers Last reply
More about myst selenitic levers rocket
  1. Archived from groups: alt.games.myst (More info?)

    "David" <exnepsa2000@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > Anyone found the trick for getting the levers set correctly in the Rocket.
    > know the settings for levers 1 through 5, however, i have tried over a
    > hundred times with no success. Any suggestions?

    Are you sure that you have power connected to the rocket? If you set the
    voltage too high it will activate a trip-switch which you will have to
    reset.
    Nick.
  2. Archived from groups: alt.games.myst (More info?)

    It does require a good music memory.
    Hum the note as you play it on the piano keyboard behind you, then
    (and here's the tricky part) keep the same not humming in your head as
    you move the sliders while they play different notes.
    If this confuses you, try using an harmonica or keyboard of your own that
    will
    constantly play the key note while you search for it on the sliders.

    "David" <exnepsa2000@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > Anyone found the trick for getting the levers set correctly in the Rocket.
    > know the settings for levers 1 through 5, however, i have tried over a
    > hundred times with no success. Any suggestions?

  3. Archived from groups: alt.games.myst (More info?)

    > Are you sure that you have power connected to the rocket? If you set the
    > voltage too high it will activate a trip-switch which you will have to
    > reset.

    Hmm, would it even let him in the rocket if the power wasn't already
    correct ? Close the door and remember that those levers are hard to get to
    just the right setting.

    rms
  4. Archived from groups: alt.games.myst (More info?)

    "rms" <rsquires@flashREMOVE.net> wrote in message
    > > Are you sure that you have power connected to the rocket? If you set the
    > > voltage too high it will activate a trip-switch which you will have to
    > > reset.
    >
    > Hmm, would it even let him in the rocket if the power wasn't already
    > correct ? Close the door and remember that those levers are hard to get
    > just the right setting.
    >
    > rms

    I think you're right - it's a long time since I played the game. I was
    trying to think of reasons why the rocket wouldn't fly - the OP gave the
    impression that he was certain he had the correct lever settings.
    Old fashioned technology like a cassette tape recorder can be helpful with
    this puzzle.
    Nick.
  5. What if you're Deaf? I have read over 45 walkthru's and studied a dozen photographs, screenshots, etc...With no successful technique for setting it without using sound.

    Please anyone have any ideas? I don't even own speakers so I can't ask a friend to do it for me. I love the game, I really want to finish it.

    Help??

    Blue

Games Video Games