Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Where is the ATI Radeon x1950xtx?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
September 5, 2006 1:14:43 AM

I was wondering if the ATI Radeon x1950xtx has come out yet or when it is coming out, I can't seem to find it on Newegg

More about : ati radeon x1950xtx

September 5, 2006 1:31:31 AM

Not out yet. Should be out in a couple of weeks.
September 5, 2006 2:25:13 AM

Newegg will probably be one of the last online retailers to advertise stock of the X1950. Hopefully they will have it on time, though. I'm waiting on it myself.

September 11 - 14 is when you should begin keeping an open eye for the card to appear. It's already been listed on Froogle in 29+ results where you can pre-order the card from various sources, such as BLT.
However, some sites (BLT included) show that shipments won't be coming in until the 19th ... with quantities as few as 10 or 15 per shipment.
This release has already been delayed from Aug. 24 to September 14 ... frankly, it would suck if stock finally appeared around the 19th and they were all grabbed up immediately, making the wait even longer. Let's hope ATI pulls through here. They've given themselves just under a month extra to ensure a hard launch.
Related resources
September 5, 2006 2:40:40 AM

Well its "out" Just not really for sale. ATI is known for paper launches, we should see more popping up this week & next but like mentioned before, We should see 'em in homes by the 3rd week of the month.

I remember the 7900GTX was a nightmare to get a hold on for a few people.
September 5, 2006 2:52:43 AM

The NDA was lifted on Aug. 24.

The launch date was Aug. 24.

The word "launch" in much of today's market is almost synonymous with "official announcement." It doesn't necessarily imply retail availability.

ATI declared before Aug. 24 a date where we should expect to see the X1950 available on store shelves -- that date is September 14. It's a little premature to be crying "paper launch" now ... on September 4...
September 5, 2006 3:01:06 AM

Quote:
The NDA was lifted on Aug. 24.

The launch date was Aug. 24.

The word "launch" in much of today's market is almost synonymous with "official announcement." It doesn't necessarily imply retail availability.

ATI declared before Aug. 24 a date where we should expect to see the X1950 available on store shelves -- that date is September 14. It's a little premature to be crying "paper launch" now ... on September 4...


Precisely, that is why we call it a PAPER-LAUNCH because technically is out, you can order it, pay for it, but it wont ship yet, you wont have it in your hands..

Quote:
While the technical launch is today, cards will not hit the shelves until September 14. Public relations manager Will Willis stated that "Card orders can be taken on August 23 but they won't ship until September 14." So if you want one you will have to wait but you can place your order today.


And I'm not the one who's crying foul, I have no intension on buying any DX9 cards anymore. And I don't recall anyone paying for something on an announcement. Remember the 5000+?Now THAT was an announcement.
September 5, 2006 4:00:45 AM

Do u really want to spend that much on a video card? I just got a RadeonX1600XT for $299 plus tax. I was in the market for the fastest Card too but is it worth the extra $$. WIll I notice faster frame rates with a 600 buck card playing say BF2 ? If so When you find it let me know, I might be tempted too. Adam
September 5, 2006 11:55:51 AM

Thanks for the info everyone! :D 
September 5, 2006 8:26:31 PM

Quote:
If you really want to squeeze some more frame rates out of BF2, since its an online games you could get the Killer NIC heres a cool article about it

http://gear.ign.com/articles/729/729557p1.html

and here is the 2nd part to it

http://gear.ign.com/articles/729/729733p1.html

Its gonna be around $272 but I think it might be worth it.


Thats nothing new, you just need a NIC with TOE http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TCP_Offload_Engine

but $272 is not that bad a price for one tbh
September 5, 2006 9:04:34 PM

Quote:
Do u really want to spend that much on a video card? I just got a RadeonX1600XT for $299 plus tax.


If you bought that in North America, you should immediately report to your local police station, because you have just been raped...
a b U Graphics card
September 6, 2006 3:03:17 AM

8O Agreed!
September 6, 2006 3:32:24 AM

HardOcp has an ariticle on it as well. It looks like a nice upgrade if you have the cash to fork over.
September 6, 2006 4:32:08 AM

What idiots; Most add in NIC's (abit the cheap ones) actually can give you worse performance, as they utilize your CPU and not an onboard one found in higher end cards and the Killer NIC. - I can't speak on performance, and I havent seen many reviews. But when it really hits, then I'll offer a more in-depth opinion.

To an extent, there right; The "Gaming" Tag is a great way to make $$...nothing to argue there.
September 7, 2006 11:06:06 AM

Quote:
If you really want to squeeze some more frame rates out of BF2, since its an online games you could get the Killer NIC heres a cool article about it

http://gear.ign.com/articles/729/729557p1.html

and here is the 2nd part to it

http://gear.ign.com/articles/729/729733p1.html

Its gonna be around $272 but I think it might be worth it.


Thats nothing new, you just need a NIC with TOE http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TCP_Offload_Engine

but $272 is not that bad a price for one tbh

$1 is a bad price for that POS. No real advantage over an onboard NIC at all.....
!