Extending a volume c:

Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
Share
February 15, 2005 2:02:15 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pt.windows2000,microsoft.public.win2000.file_system,microsoft.public.windows.server.general,microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs,microsoft.public.windows.server.setup (More info?)

I am im a machine with 4 SCSI hard disks, i have installed SBS2003 in one
of them (NTFS partition). After instaling it I tried to extend the disk, but
am error message shows up.
What can I do to extend the volume?

More about : extending volume

Anonymous
February 16, 2005 3:20:19 PM

On Tue, 15 Feb 2005 11:02:15 -0100, <sergio> wrote:

>I am im a machine with 4 SCSI hard disks, i have installed SBS2003 in one
>of them (NTFS partition). After instaling it I tried to extend the disk, but
>am error message shows up.
>What can I do to extend the volume?

Please post to relevant groups only.

You can't extend the system partition with any native tools, you need
third party applications to do this. Partition Magic for example.

Jeff
February 16, 2005 3:20:20 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pt.windows2000,microsoft.public.win2000.file_system,microsoft.public.windows.server.general,microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs,microsoft.public.windows.server.setup (More info?)

keep in mind partition magic does not work with dynamic disks

"Jeff Cochran" <jeff.nospam@zina.com> wrote in message
> On Tue, 15 Feb 2005 11:02:15 -0100, <sergio> wrote:
>
>>I am im a machine with 4 SCSI hard disks, i have installed SBS2003 in one
>>of them (NTFS partition). After instaling it I tried to extend the disk,
>>but
>>am error message shows up.
>>What can I do to extend the volume?
>
> Please post to relevant groups only.
>
> You can't extend the system partition with any native tools, you need
> third party applications to do this. Partition Magic for example.
>
> Jeff
Anonymous
February 16, 2005 5:50:03 PM

The OS won't allow you to do that. You can with expensive 3rd party
products.

But why would you do that? Do you understand the risk factors?

--
wanderer