Extending a volume c:

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pt.windows2000,microsoft.public.win2000.file_system,microsoft.public.windows.server.general,microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs,microsoft.public.windows.server.setup (More info?)

I am im a machine with 4 SCSI hard disks, i have installed SBS2003 in one
of them (NTFS partition). After instaling it I tried to extend the disk, but
am error message shows up.
What can I do to extend the volume?
3 answers Last reply
More about extending volume
  1. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pt.windows2000,microsoft.public.win2000.file_system,microsoft.public.windows.server.general,microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs,microsoft.public.windows.server.setup (More info?)

    On Tue, 15 Feb 2005 11:02:15 -0100, <sergio> wrote:

    >I am im a machine with 4 SCSI hard disks, i have installed SBS2003 in one
    >of them (NTFS partition). After instaling it I tried to extend the disk, but
    >am error message shows up.
    >What can I do to extend the volume?

    Please post to relevant groups only.

    You can't extend the system partition with any native tools, you need
    third party applications to do this. Partition Magic for example.

    Jeff
  2. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pt.windows2000,microsoft.public.win2000.file_system,microsoft.public.windows.server.general,microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs,microsoft.public.windows.server.setup (More info?)

    keep in mind partition magic does not work with dynamic disks

    "Jeff Cochran" <jeff.nospam@zina.com> wrote in message
    > On Tue, 15 Feb 2005 11:02:15 -0100, <sergio> wrote:
    >
    >>I am im a machine with 4 SCSI hard disks, i have installed SBS2003 in one
    >>of them (NTFS partition). After instaling it I tried to extend the disk,
    >>but
    >>am error message shows up.
    >>What can I do to extend the volume?
    >
    > Please post to relevant groups only.
    >
    > You can't extend the system partition with any native tools, you need
    > third party applications to do this. Partition Magic for example.
    >
    > Jeff
  3. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.file_system (More info?)

    The OS won't allow you to do that. You can with expensive 3rd party
    products.

    But why would you do that? Do you understand the risk factors?

    --
    wanderer

Windows Server Microsoft Windows