File Migration Utility from NetWare platform to Windows 20..

I plan to migrate NetWare 5.1 file systems (parts of NetWare 5.1 file
systems) to Windows 2003 server. I have NDS and AD in production, and the NDS
user objects were migrated to AD around 2 years ago.

How can I make use of Microsoft's FMU to migrate those NetWare 5.1 file
systems to Windows 2003 Server with trustees preserved.

Thanks.

On Wed, 16 Feb 2005 00:27:03 -0800, "Terence" <Terence@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I plan to migrate NetWare 5.1 file systems (parts of NetWare 5.1 file
>systems) to Windows 2003 server. I have NDS and AD in production, and the NDS
>user objects were migrated to AD around 2 years ago.
>
>How can I make use of Microsoft's FMU to migrate those NetWare 5.1 file
>systems to Windows 2003 Server with trustees preserved.
>
>Thanks.

Not knowing anything about Netware, hopefully on the following 10 article will help:

http://support.microsoft.com?kbid=303758 "You Cannot Configure NTFS Permissions to Hide Files or Folders from Unauthorized Users "
http://support.microsoft.com?kbid=316219 "How to Install MSDSS in Windows 2000 and in Windows Server 2003 "
http://support.microsoft.com?kbid=815263 "Antivirus backup and disk optimization programs that are compatible with the File Replication Service "
http://support.microsoft.com?kbid=823659 "Client service and program incompatibilities that may occur when you modify security settings and user rights assignments "
http://support.microsoft.com?kbid=824729 "Novell 6 CIFS pass-through authentication failures "
http://support.microsoft.com?kbid=828257 "File and Print Services for Netware does not work as you expect after you upgrade from Windows 2000 Server to Windows Server 2003 "
http://support.microsoft.com?kbid=837332 "You cannot use a blank password to log on to a Windows 2003-based computer from a Novell NetWare client "
http://support.microsoft.com?kbid=838174 "The FPNW icon no longer appears in Control Panel on a Windows Server 2003-based computer "
http://support.microsoft.com?kbid=883720 "Your File and Print Services for Netware installation is not completed successfully on a Windows 2000 Server domain controller or a Windows Server 2003 domain controller "
http://support.microsoft.com?kbid=892423 "An underscore appears in the name of a NetWare-compatible printer when users connect to the printer in Windows Server 2003 "

Jerold Schulman
Windows Server MVP
JSI, Inc.