Net use to map

hi,

Can any one tell how to use "net use" to map folder from a remote
workstations shared disk drive.
Eg C$ is the share where C:\abc\xyz is the folder.
How can I map xyz folder directly to a drive letter.

rgds & thanks in advance.

On Wed, 16 Feb 2005 04:01:01 -0800, Mubeen <Mubeen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>hi,
>
>Can any one tell how to use "net use" to map folder from a remote
>workstations shared disk drive.
>Eg C$ is the share where C:\abc\xyz is the folder.
>How can I map xyz folder directly to a drive letter.
>
>rgds & thanks in advance.

Only Administrators can use the C$ share.

To map a drive to a share:

net use DriveLetter: \\ComputerName\ShareName

See tip 2815 in the 'Tips & Tricks' at http://www.jsiinc.com for detailed help.

Jerold Schulman
Windows Server MVP
JSI, Inc.