Windows 2000 NTFS Disk Crash

Hello,
One of my disks (not the system one) with a NTFS format is no longer
accessible.
The problem has occured suddenly. The message has been : "file or directory
D:\$Mft is damaged". As noticed, I've tried chkdsk but it hasn't been able to
do anything.
Once I've reboot my PC, "D:" seems to be not formatted. Is is possible to
repair it ?

Thank you in advance for any solution you might be able to provide
1 answer Last reply
More about windows 2000 ntfs disk crash

    Try your HD manu.web site for a disk checking utility. They can sometimes
    repair a failing disk sufficiently for you to rescue any data prior to the
    hd completely failing.

    "DeZais" <DeZais@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Hello,
    > One of my disks (not the system one) with a NTFS format is no longer
    > accessible.
    > The problem has occured suddenly. The message has been : "file or
    directory
    > D:\$Mft is damaged". As noticed, I've tried chkdsk but it hasn't been able
    > do anything.
    > Once I've reboot my PC, "D:" seems to be not formatted. Is is possible to
    > repair it ?
    >
    > Thank you in advance for any solution you might be able to provide

NTFS Windows 2000 Windows