Windows 2000 NTFS Disk Crash

Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
February 16, 2005 5:29:02 PM

Hello,
One of my disks (not the system one) with a NTFS format is no longer
accessible.
The problem has occured suddenly. The message has been : "file or directory
D:\$Mft is damaged". As noticed, I've tried chkdsk but it hasn't been able to
do anything.
Once I've reboot my PC, "D:" seems to be not formatted. Is is possible to
repair it ?

Thank you in advance for any solution you might be able to provide
February 27, 2005 3:30:51 AM

Try your HD manu.web site for a disk checking utility. They can sometimes
repair a failing disk sufficiently for you to rescue any data prior to the
hd completely failing.

!