Backing up local users and groups on 2000 server

Hello All,

Is there anyway to backup local users and groups on
windows 2000 server

I have IIS running and i can backup the data and IIS
settings etc but im unable to find a way to backup the
local users and groups relating to the ftp sites etc...

I really dont want to re-create all these users if the
server goes down and i have to re-install

please can anyone help
1 answer Last reply
More about backing local users groups 2000 server

    On Thu, 17 Feb 2005 03:36:45 -0800, "Martin Palmer" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

    >Hello All,
    >
    >Is there anyway to backup local users and groups on
    >windows 2000 server
    >
    >I have IIS running and i can backup the data and IIS
    >settings etc but im unable to find a way to backup the
    >local users and groups relating to the ftp sites etc...
    >
    >I really dont want to re-create all these users if the
    >server goes down and i have to re-install
    >
    >please can anyone help

    Backing up the system state will backup the SAM.
    See tip 2265 and 2500 and links in the 'Tips & Tricks' at http://www.jsiinc.com

    Jerold Schulman
    Windows Server MVP
    JSI, Inc.