so pocket word *can* show images!

January 12, 2005 3:06:10 AM

If you choose "save as" in MS Word 2003, and choose pocket word docuent,
images (all types, photos even) are kept intact when viewed on a PDA.

Why can't they make active sync do this?! Would be so much easier.. or
have I missed an option?

--
Marc
See http://www.imarc.co.uk/ for contact details.

Marc,

It is a limitation of Pocket Word, not ActiveSync. Rumor has it that
Windows Mobile 2005 will add this feature when those devices come out.

Regards,

--
Clinton Fitch
Senior Editor

"Marc" <see@signature.url> wrote in message
> If you choose "save as" in MS Word 2003, and choose pocket word docuent,
> images (all types, photos even) are kept intact when viewed on a PDA.
>
> Why can't they make active sync do this?! Would be so much easier.. or
> have I missed an option?
>

> --
> Marc
> See http://www.imarc.co.uk/ for contact details.
Anonymous
January 12, 2005 3:06:11 AM

>> have I missed an option? <<

Not only have you not missed an option, you have discovered something I
have never seen posted here before ;-)

Very valuable information.

Beverly Howard [MS MVP-Mobile Devices]
January 12, 2005 3:06:11 AM

What happens to tables when you do this?

Beverly Howard [MS MVP-Mobile Devices]
Anonymous
January 12, 2005 3:06:12 AM

Nevermind... :-D

Misread the post... :-D

--
Clinton Fitch
Senior Editor

"Clinton Fitch (Clinton Fitch (Dot) Com!)"
<management@NOTHANKIEclintonfitch.com> wrote in message
> Marc,
>
> It is a limitation of Pocket Word, not ActiveSync. Rumor has it that
> Windows Mobile 2005 will add this feature when those devices come out.
>
> Regards,
>
> --
> Clinton Fitch
> Senior Editor
> Clinton Fitch (Dot) Com!
> http://www.clintonfitch.com
>
> A Pocket PC Magazine "Best Site" for Pocket PC Reviews!
>

> "Marc" <see@signature.url> wrote in message
>> If you choose "save as" in MS Word 2003, and choose pocket word docuent,
>> images (all types, photos even) are kept intact when viewed on a PDA.
>>
>> Why can't they make active sync do this?! Would be so much easier.. or
>> have I missed an option?
>>

>> --
>> Marc
>> See http://www.imarc.co.uk/ for contact details.

Anonymous
January 12, 2005 1:46:58 PM

Marc wrote:
> If you choose "save as" in MS Word 2003, and choose pocket word docuent,
> images (all types, photos even) are kept intact when viewed on a PDA.
>
> Why can't they make active sync do this?! Would be so much easier.. or
> have I missed an option?

Ironically, Pocket Word supports copy/pasting of images to an extent.
Those who have tried Pocket Streets may be aware of the Menu > Map >
Copy function. Open Pocket Word, and select Paste, and voila - the map
appears. So Pocket Word actually does support embedded images, but the
support for it is a little lacklustre in that it isn't easy to replicate
this with other images.

--
Darius Wey
Pocket PC Thoughts

Beverly Howard [Ms-MVP/MobileDev] wrote:
> What happens to tables when you do this?
>
> Beverly Howard [MS MVP-Mobile Devices]

Bev, tables don't work when following the same procedure.

--
Darius Wey
Pocket PC Thoughts
http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/
Anonymous
January 12, 2005 2:04:02 PM

ok, I'm confused. I create a word document on my desktop (word 2002, win
2000) include a .bmp and .jpg picture in document and save as normal word
document to my sync folder, dock my device, open word on my ipaq (3955
wm2003) open the document and both pictures are included in the document.
?? is this not normal ??
I realize that pocket word is a much scaled down version of word, but my
photos appear after sync and convert.

"Marc" <see@signature.url> wrote in message
| If you choose "save as" in MS Word 2003, and choose pocket word docuent,
| images (all types, photos even) are kept intact when viewed on a PDA.
|
| Why can't they make active sync do this?! Would be so much easier.. or
| have I missed an option?
|

| --
| Marc
| See http://www.imarc.co.uk/ for contact details.
January 18, 2005 12:03:42 AM

KDE wrote:

> ok, I'm confused. I create a word document on my desktop (word 2002, win
> 2000) include a .bmp and .jpg picture in document and save as normal word
> document to my sync folder, dock my device, open word on my ipaq (3955
> wm2003) open the document and both pictures are included in the document.
> ?? is this not normal ??
> I realize that pocket word is a much scaled down version of word, but my
> photos appear after sync and convert.

You need to go to save as in word and choose the pocket format, (.psw i
think) and then save that file in your sync folder. Not sure what
happens if you edit the document on the PDA.

--
!