win2k server C: partition resized and now...

Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
March 1, 2005 3:05:46 AM

I have (had?) a win2k server that had a 2gb C partition with about 400mb
left on it. It would bluescreen about every other week. I couldn't run any
updates on it because of the lack of free disk space. Sooo..
I got out my copy of DriveCopy4.0 from Quest and copied the disk to a new
disk and resized the partitions at the same time. Surprisingly this worked,
with a couple of what appear to be minor caveats:
1. The D and E partitions got drive letters switched, I fixed that with disk
manager

2. this error is in the event log and I am not certain that I should follow
the instructions since the "c:\winnt\sysvol\domain" is identical. So I am
not sure what it is complaining about. the machine seems ot be working
normally otherwise.

Event Type: Error
Event Source: NtFrs
Event Category: None
Event ID: 13559
Date: 2/28/2005
Time: 11:19:28 PM
User: N/A
Computer: mycomputer

The File Replication Service has detected that
the replica root path has changed from "c:\winnt\sysvol\domain"
to "c:\winnt\sysvol\domain".
If this is an intentional move then a file with the name
NTFRS_CMD_FILE_MOVE_ROOT needs to be created
under the new root path.
This was detected for the following replica set:
"DOMAIN SYSTEM VOLUME (SYSVOL SHARE)"

Changing the replica root path is a two step process which is
triggered by the creation of the NTFRS_CMD_FILE_MOVE_ROOT file.
[1] At the first poll which will occur in 5 minutes this computer
will be deleted from the replica set.
[2] At the poll following the deletion this computer will be re-added
to the replica set with the new root path. This re-addition will
trigger
a full tree sync for the replica set.
At the end of the sync all the files will be at the new
location.
The files may or may not be deleted from the old location
depending on
whether they are needed or not.

advise and counsel?
Anonymous
March 8, 2005 2:55:39 AM

Just in case anyone was interested, the instructions provided in the event
log worked fine and all is well now.

!