Norton Windows Management Instrumentation (WMI)

Is Norton's WMI Update REALLY NECESSARY to install
if you're just an XP home user and have Norton AV 2002 installed already?

We get the LIVE UPDATES fine already...what's the REAL purpose of their WMI?

Thanks - Infnet

Info Network wrote:
> Is Norton's WMI Update REALLY NECESSARY to install
> if you're just an XP home user and have Norton AV 2002 installed
> already?
>
> We get the LIVE UPDATES fine already...what's the REAL purpose of
> their WMI?

Exactly what they said - so it can communicate with Security Center of SP2.
No, you can tell Security Center that you will manage your own AntiVirus.

--
<- Shenan ->