NEWEGG and its UNRELIABLE information, and the P5w dh deluxe

illuminatirex

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2006
Hi, maby this info should be posted in another board, but it relates to one of the asus's motherboards the P5w dh deluxe, just wanted to inform some of You that waiting for tha availability of a product which has an eta on neweggs site is pointless, its beter to go to a competitor and get it somewhere else, the motherboard was supposed to be available yesterday (september 4th) at 2:25PM and since then (actualy for more than a week it was unavailable) there is no information when it will be available, they just changed the info to "out of stock" and actually they kept the eta time and date till yesterdays night, without changing it(but thats not my point anywy...guess no one cared updated it).....So i gues there is no point in paying more on neweggs site, and its beter to go to other vendors to get the mobo, for less.

sunangel

Distinguished
Feb 27, 2006
You Newegg Junkie You.

Don't fret. Many of us are under Newegg's spell. I personally am going to check myself into NA (Newegg Anonomous), TODAY! :D

illuminatirex

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2006
lol :wink: i used to buy quite a lot of things from them i like their packing :wink: lol but now i think ill just go with some one more reliable, any ideas? :wink: zip zoom overcharges, (so des newegg but a bit less lol), and i dont know any other stores that would be reliable, any suggestions?

deathbybubba

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2006
ajump will sell them for 232 bucks. But they don't order them until you buy. So it will take a couple of weeks for you to get your board. I think waiting a couple of weeks to save 50 bucks is worth it to me, especially since no one has them in stock anyway.

buckiller

Distinguished
Apr 24, 2006
Newegg is pretty much as cheap as it gets unless you get some nice rebates somewhere else... Newegg also has unbelievable Customer Service, I had a problem with a mobo and they got a new one out to me in 4 days.

Give newegg a break, they're the best but sometimes there are some slips... i say forgive and forget. If you must... i occasionaly use Monarch (based in Atlanta woot). I also have Zipzoom and tigerdirect as bookmarks bt i have only bought from newegg and monarch.

illuminatirex

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2006
i gues thats what i will end up doing anyway, i actually needed the whole system to be set up almost 1 and a half weeks ago, (needed it for college work...thats why Im so...enraged ? yup pissed off lol :wink: ) I bought some things from ajump they are ok, just honestly now i would even pay the price what neregg wants and get a overnight shipping aded to it, if just some store would have it in stock.

in regards to Buckiller's reply, hm...cant forgive here lol , besides theyr prices(used to be ok but now...) are quite high compared to others, i read some tigerdirect reviews, and i would prefare to stay away from them, if only zipzoomfly would lower their prices i wod get it from them(300 for a mobo is just ridiculus...20 more bucks and i could get myselfe a server motherboard lol) and in regards to newegg slips, they had wquite a bit, just in regards to stocking, about 2 weeks ago theyr suppose to have the mobo in stock i think on the 19th but it was on the 16th (not much of a con, thats good that they restock earlier), but that time i was on vacation(no pc)and i was so pissed off ...if i would have left that 2 hours later i would have it delivered a long time ago, would have the whole system up and running :cry: , btw i also had couple shipping issues with them, the 3 day shipping, or the 2 day ones, didnt come on time sometimes, and usually i had to wait pas teh weekend to get the shipping delivered to me.so not only it was late but also i couldnt pick it up myselfe (over the weekend) and also i didnt get my shipping money back for a late delivery...should i go on? lol :wink:

jimw428

Distinguished
Jul 9, 2006
Since yesterday, Sept 4, was a holiday in the USA, there were no deliveries, and its doubtful there was anyone working to update the web site. Newegg is not a 24/7 company in all departments.

illuminatirex

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2006
ok lol good excuse, lol but atleast when i contacted them they should have atleast a "approximate" date when the product will be delivered. and not respond that itll we have no idea, "itll be here when itll get here " kind of a reply.

jimw428

Distinguished
Jul 9, 2006
Has it occurred to you that maybe they don't have a firm date from Asus?
I think you may be finding fault with the wrong party.

illuminatirex

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2006
i doubt it, they already had an eta, which was for tommorow, they had it up for more than a week, so why not just take it doen, and give no date, if they dont know, ...they do it so people wait, and think ill wait that 3 or 4 days and get it from them, not someone else ....and the time passes, and nothing happens, and this will have a bad efect on newegg(my opinion)

jimw428

Distinguished
Jul 9, 2006
You sound like a broken record and born cynic. There's an easy solution to your problem. Cancel your order and buy from someone else.

heyitsmorty

Distinguished
Sep 5, 2006
i can understand being pissed @ newegg, and i can see why your frustrated. i did my first build about 2 months ago and had no problem w/newegg. i would say stick with them for now unless you found a really great one stop shopping site. granted i found the case/power supply from anandtech, and the memory directly from the crucial site. but all things considered it's hard to find as decent a selection and as good customer service as you do at newegg. i mean i used to use pricewatch, but i got tired of having to research the vendors they forwarded you to. i mean not even tigerdirect has as good a selection. whatever. i say stick with'em.

Pain

Distinguished
Jun 18, 2004
You sound like a broken record and born cynic. There's an easy solution to your problem. Cancel your order and buy from someone else.

Bingo. OMG, there is a bit of wrong information on a website! Call the Internet Police! Write your Congressman!

Lets see. How many items does newegg sell? About a gabillion. There are bound to be mistakes and there are bound to be issues. If you don't like them, go buy somewhere else. Problem solved.

I just received the wrong backup tape drive because the description was wrong, or at best, vague. I'm not yelling to have someones liver on a stick. Stuff happens. Jeez.

I don't buy exclusively from Newegg, but I've got to say they are about the best e-tailer I've ever used. And I say that after just receiving the wrong $3000 tape drive.

Kenyada

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2006
Yeah, I had to wait awhile for Newegg to have a P5WDH in stock. I wound up ordering it at 4 AM, as soon as Newegg notified me by email. But I figured there would be an availability factor. After all, we're talkin' about one of the most popular boards out there currently.

Bottom line... it was worth the wait.

utaka95

Distinguished
Jan 12, 2006
I see people mentioning ZipZoomFly and I have to say avoid them like the plague! They have absolutely NO customer svc, and I had to email them 3 days after a part I ordered had come off backorder to get them to ship it! At least when Newegg shows a part in stock, you will recieve it. And being impatient with the Egg cuz your preferred part didn't show up? Come on! How much stuff have they had in stock and delivered to you without problem? Newegg sets a very high standard in mailorder, that almost no other online retailer can match(including the company I work for!)!

buckiller

Distinguished
Apr 24, 2006
Lol...yeah ive only heard about zipZoom and tiger...never used them.

In my experience eBay stores, newegg, and monarch are great e-tailers.

caamsa

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2006
And the point of this post?.......................sour grapes? Get over it. Get your dang mother board from where ever you want just stop doing silly posts.

oenomel

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2006
I've used ZZF a few times and never had a problem. Never had to return anything though, and the descriptions are a bit lacking...so know your part numbers. They're cheaper than the egg on some things, usually cpus.

illuminatirex

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2006
no offence but learn to read, btw how can i cancel my order if i cant even place an order in neweggs, im definitively looking for other sites to get it from, it is quite pathetic how fast they went out of stock, i received the leter when i was by the pc, i linked directly to their site and it was out of stock, what kind of "service" is that? do they order 1 mobo? com on

syn1kk

Distinguished
May 19, 2006
I dont really need to read anything contained in this article to give you this one piece of advice that you should apply to all your life:
You can not trust one source of information. You need MULTIPLE sources to be confident in the information that you have obtained. Period.

jimw428

Distinguished
Jul 9, 2006
OK, knucklehead. If you didn't have it on order, why are you bitching about Newegg. You sound like a little spoiled child that didn't get his way, so now he's crying to his Mommy.

Find another source and STFU.