Moving 'My Documents'

I currently have a 40gb drive where my entire system and files are, but I've
bought a 200 gb drive I'm going to make as a secondary drive - -

my My Documents folder is getting quite large, so what I'd like to do is map
(in properties) the entire My Documents Folder to the 'D' drive - -

(If re-map the path, will all the files automatically be moved over, or do I
need to physically move the contents there (setup an exact file system
there...etc))

I'm looking for suggestions on how I should do this, so that the contents of
the My Documents folder is totally, only on the D drive.......

thanks ahead of time

Right-click My Documents|Properties|Target|Move

But be aware with any file move that if something happens during the move
then files may be lost. So backup before hand.

--
Regards,

Microsoft Certified Professional
Microsoft MVP [Windows]