Any chance of anyone knowing where I could download SP2 & burn it?

Bruin wrote:
> Any chance of anyone knowing where I could download SP2 & burn it?

You can order it free of charge (includes shipping) here:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=049C9DBE-3B8E-4F30-8245

Or you can get the entire download (270MB) Here:

Download details: Windows XP Service Pack 2 for IT Professionals and
Developers:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=049C9DBE-3B8E-4F30-8245-9E368D3CDB5A&displaylang=en

--

Ronnie Vernon
Microsoft MVP

"Bruin" <bruinwarBLAH@BLAHexcite.com> wrote in message
> Any chance of anyone knowing where I could download SP2 & burn it?

What would be very cool would be to have all the patches to bring SP1 up to
speed.

The XP Pro CDs my family use all have SP1. One machine (kids) is badly
infected with spyware/adware/malware/hijackware. Cleaned it off a few times
but now it seems to be way too much trouble & I would like to just put a new
build on it.

I would like to be able to have a CD (or 2) with all the patches needed,
install everything, before exposing the PC to the wild.

Any ideas?

dragon

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2003

My friend got it from one of these PC mags in the shops so i have the disk,
but not sure which mag

dave

"Bruin" <bruinwarBLAH@BLAHexcite.com> wrote in message
> Any chance of anyone knowing where I could download SP2 & burn it?

---

papa

Not necessary. Go to the Microsoft website and order one on CD. It is free,
and shipping is free. Also, if you have dialup, SP2 is way too large for the
download.

"Ronnie Vernon MVP" <ronv@mvps.org> wrote in message
> Bruin wrote:
>> Any chance of anyone knowing where I could download SP2 & burn it?
>
> You can order it free of charge (includes shipping) here:
> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=049C9DBE-3B8E-4F30-8245
>
> Or you can get the entire download (270MB) Here:
>
> Download details: Windows XP Service Pack 2 for IT Professionals and
> Developers:
> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=049C9DBE-3B8E-4F30-8245-9E368D3CDB5A&displaylang=en
>
> --
>
> Ronnie Vernon
> Microsoft MVP
> Windows Shell/User

Exactly what I was looking for. Although I did not know that MS was
shipping it entirely FREE.

Thanks!

Dave

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2003

Why not slipstream (integrate) Sp2 with your original Windows XP Sp1 CD's.
http://www.windows-help.net/WindowsXP/winxp-sp2-bootcd.html

Dave

> "Bruin" <bruinwarBLAH@BLAHexcite.com> wrote in message
>> Any chance of anyone knowing where I could download SP2 & burn it?
>

> What would be very cool would be to have all the patches to bring SP1 up
> to speed.
>
> The XP Pro CDs my family use all have SP1. One machine (kids) is badly
> infected with spyware/adware/malware/hijackware. Cleaned it off a few
> times but now it seems to be way too much trouble & I would like to just
> put a new build on it.
>
> I would like to be able to have a CD (or 2) with all the patches needed,
> install everything, before exposing the PC to the wild.
>
> Any ideas?

Diego

Distinguished
May 28, 2004

"Papa" wrote:

> Not necessary. Go to the Microsoft website and order one on CD. It is free,
> and shipping is free. Also, if you have dialup, SP2 is way too large for the
> download.

I checked the new updates and everything is perfect. But i live in Argentina
and if I order the CD, which i know there´s no cost for it, will i pay the
shipping?

Mikey

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Diego wrote:

> "Papa" wrote:
>
> > Not necessary. Go to the Microsoft website and order one on CD. It is free,
> > and shipping is free. Also, if you have dialup, SP2 is way too large for the
> > download.
> >
> I checked the new updates and everything is perfect. But i live in Argentina
> and if I order the CD, which i know there´s no cost for it, will i pay the
> shipping?

I might be wrong, but as far as I know, it'll be completely free, without a
shipping cost, even though you live in Argentina.