no access to shares

I have one Windows 2000 server in a child domain that has 20 Windows 2000
Pro clients. All of a sudden all the accounts in the domain, excluding
members of the administrators group, cannot access their shares. If I make
the user accounts members of the administrative group they can access the
shares otherwise they cannot. All the settings/policies/ntfs permission look
the same as before when they had access.

I'm afraid one of the tech may have caused it, but not sure. Either way it
needs to get fixed.

Any ideas will be appreciated.
thanks,
enrique

enrique garcia wrote:
> I have one Windows 2000 server in a child domain that has 20 Windows
> 2000 Pro clients. All of a sudden all the accounts in the domain,
> excluding members of the administrators group, cannot access their
> shares. If I make the user accounts members of the administrative
> group they can access the shares otherwise they cannot. All the
> settings/policies/ntfs permission look the same as before when they
> had access.
>
> I'm afraid one of the tech may have caused it, but not sure. Either
> way it needs to get fixed.
>
> Any ideas will be appreciated.
> thanks,
> enrique

Any clues in your event logs?
Sure nobody set an explicit "deny" anywhere?

Nothing in event viewer. No explicit denys. I would hate to reinstall.

"Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]"

Enrique Garcia wrote:
> Nothing in event viewer. No explicit denys. I would hate to reinstall.

So would I. Can't you just try resetting permissions?
You really do need to talk to anyone & everyone who might have the access to
change stuff....and find out what they did.