computer crashing need help

souellette

Distinguished
Sep 5, 2006
Hello all comput peps. i have a problem with my computer. when it is loading up and it gets to the microsoft windows xp screen the computer LED ( the one that indicates it is working or doing something) starts to flash rapidly for a while, then ultimitly freezes up the computer never getting any farther in the load process (past the black windows xp screen). i then reset the computer and this process starts all over again and again. do not know what to do, but someone told me it maybe a ram timing issue so i did change the first time to 2.5 from 2. so it does load up properly after about 2 times of this rapid flashing happening. Please any advice would be much apreciated. Thank you.

7800 gt evga
A8N-E asus mobo
2 gig (4*512mb) OCZ dual channel ram
5.1 Creative Audigy

will14

Distinguished
Aug 3, 2006
hmm ram timings helped interesting.

I'd try of course safe mode see if you can boot.
of course a mem test of sorts.
Or even better if you have ram you can swap.
Does it reboot?
I'm guessing just sits there at a black screen?
I'm having this issue on a laptop at work actually.
They've just not asked me to fix it so *shrug*.
(it always boots eventually tho)

souellette

Distinguished
Sep 5, 2006
yeah it just sits there at the balck screen. i did try to get into safe mode and it that was fine. i have not tried any for of testing yet but i guess i can do that. dont really have any other ram at the moment to try swaping it out. but i did play with the timing a bit. just one timing the cas timing i think, well it was the first timing anyway i think it was on 2 and then i changed it to 2.5. the problem still ocured but it took less times to actually boot up properly.

will14

Distinguished
Aug 3, 2006
yeah it just sits there at the balck screen. i did try to get into safe mode and it that was fine. i have not tried any for of testing yet but i guess i can do that. dont really have any other ram at the moment to try swaping it out. but i did play with the timing a bit. just one timing the cas timing i think, well it was the first timing anyway i think it was on 2 and then i changed it to 2.5. the problem still ocured but it took less times to actually boot up properly.

Yeah directory services mode safe etc,
see how those go check disk etc.
Unfortunetely we can't give ya an omg it's this.
Because there are always so many things something could be.