File Access

Hello,

There is a user who is having problems accessing documents in a folder
on a shared drive. This folder, located on say, O:/ drive,
is accessable by navigating through my computer. Once in the folder,
when you double click on any file, the file opens up and everything is
fine.

However, when you enter a program, and try and open the file through a
program, File-->Open
the computer freezes up.
Actually, with any program, whenever he tries to access a file in that
folder, the computer freezes up. The only way he can get into the
folder and access ANY file in the faolder is by going through MY
Computer/O Drive/Folder/File

Any thoughts?
Thanks,
George

Cross-post when necessary, but never multi-post. Cross-posting is when you
include two or more groups in the "Newsgroups:" section. In this scenario
the message and all responses are seen in all groups that the message was
cross-posted to. In other words any replies will automatically propagate to
the other newsgroup posts.

Multi-posting is when you post the same message to two or more groups
individually. In this scenario the message is seen in the groups it is
posted to, but the responses are only seen attached to the message (unless
you cross-post the reply) in which the response was made. So those that
frequent these groups then need to deal with or re-read the posts. It may
seem like a small thing to keep track of. But some of us actively traverse
50 or more groups. The poster also then must search out all of the posts to
see if there was a response.

--
Regards,

Microsoft Certified Professional