How Many Files

Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
March 17, 2005 12:07:04 PM

I am having trouble locating the MS Q article which outlines the file
limitations as to how many files can (and should) be stored in a single
folder. I believe the article I read before mentioned a "real-world" number
approaching 30K files per folder and something like 4 billion files per
volume. I am not overly concerned about how many per volume it is the per
folder and/or per folder (including sub-folders). Any help is appreciated,
thanks.

More about : files

Anonymous
March 17, 2005 6:47:11 PM

Size Limitations in NTFS and FAT File Systems

Practically all you need to know (and more) with regards to file systems
is here:

Microsoft Windows 2000 Professional Resource Kit
Chapter 17 - File Systems
http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/window......

John

!