Dumbguy

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2005
I have 2 512MB PC3200 sticks of Ultra. What's your opinion of this brand? Bought them from tiger a while ago. Lifetime warranty is nice, but will I use the warranty often?

I have 2 512MB PC3200 sticks of Ultra. What's your opinion of this brand? Bought them from tiger a while ago. Lifetime warranty is nice, but will I use the warranty often?

Ultra has many versions of PC3200 512's out there. You may or may not have two sticks with the same SPID timings. So, if you ordered the two DIMMS on different occasions, the chances of them being identical is somewhat unlikely. The Dimms you have are likely to be a value type edition and that is fine if they work for your machine. The chances of getting a good result overclocking are reduced somewhat. Especially when comparing your Ultra to say Corsair XMS or Crucial Ballistic for example.

Dumbguy

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2005
Ultra is a crappy brand, but the RAM is probably just plain "Generic", so it'll work, but won't overclock at all.

Thought so. Well, I'm too chicken to overclock. I just bought an Asrock 939Dual-Sata something with a 939 X2 3800+. If I were to add another 1G in the form of 2 more 512s, would it matter if I went to a better brand?