Netgear switch and jumbo frame support ?

I just spoke with a pre-sales person at Netgear asking about the GS116.
Specifically, did it support jumbo frames. I was surprised to hear his response
that all Netgear gigabit switches support jumbo frames. I should have asked if
they were 9K but missed the chance. Anyone with direct experience with this switch
or other similar ones ?

invictive

Distinguished
Jan 5, 2006
I bought the GS108 after reading that it had Jumbo Frames in the tomsnetworking review.

Unfortunately it seems only special models have this feature, as the one I received did not. (maybe it was old stock???)

So make sure it says so ON THE BOX.

graysky

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2006
The serial number needs to start with 127 to support JFs. I'd post a link for you, but can't remember where I read that. Oh, search for that switch on newegg.com and read the feedback; I think it's there too.