Windows Explorer managing htm/html files

Abhishek

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.applications,microsoft.public.win2000.developer,microsoft.public.win2000.file_system,microsoft.public.win2000.general (More info?)

Hi,
I would like to know how Windows explorer manages htm/html files and
the supporting folders of those files. While copying a htm/html file from a
location, Windows automatically copies the supporting files folder also
along with the htm file. How is the association made by the windows for the
file and the supporting folder? I would like to perform a similar
functionality programmatically. Can anybody suggest how to do the same?

Thanks,
Abhishek.

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.applications,microsoft.public.win2000.developer,microsoft.public.win2000.file_system,microsoft.public.win2000.general (More info?)

What you're referring to is called a thicket. Ask them in the inetexplorer,
inetsdk and or inetserver groups for more details.

--
Regards,

Microsoft Certified Professional
Microsoft MVP [Windows]
http://www.microsoft.com/protect

Abhishek wrote:
> Hi,
> I would like to know how Windows explorer manages htm/html files and
> the supporting folders of those files. While copying a htm/html file from a
> location, Windows automatically copies the supporting files folder also
> along with the htm file. How is the association made by the windows for the
> file and the supporting folder? I would like to perform a similar
> functionality programmatically. Can anybody suggest how to do the same?

Windows is essentially just parsing the HTML file to see what
else it needs.

Notice also that it only moves/copies those additional files that
have paths that are expressed relative to the path of the HTML
file: it leaves alone files that have fully specified paths.