Program Icon Won't Go Away - Help!!

January 12, 2005 12:59:35 AM

I deleted(aka removed) a program but the icon on the Program window is still
there. It will not go away.!!!

Any other way to delete this icon?

Thanks

Grant

GrantZ5906@aol.com

More about : program icon

January 12, 2005 7:07:19 AM

Grant Ziebell wrote:
> I deleted(aka removed) a program but the icon on the Program window is
> still there. It will not go away.!!!
>
> Any other way to delete this icon?

Tap, hold, drop.
Anonymous
January 12, 2005 12:19:55 PM

Reply to message from "René" <kar98@the-coalition.us> (Wed, 12 Jan 2005 06:
07:19) about "Re: Program Icon Won't Go Away - Help!!":

> Tap, hold, drop.

This won't work in the Programs menu, so you'd have to lauch File Eplorer,
go to the Windows/Start Menu/Programs directory, find the link and tap and
hold and choose delete there.

--
Marlof Bregonje, Microsoft MVP Mobile Devices http://www.windowsmobile.com
January 12, 2005 3:23:57 PM

Grant Ziebell wrote:
> I deleted(aka removed) a program but the icon on the Program window is still
> there. It will not go away.!!!
>
> Any other way to delete this icon?

Open File Explorer and navigate to \Windows\Start Menu\Programs. You
should find the shortcut in there. Simply tap and hold it, and select
Delete.

--
Darius Wey
Pocket PC Thoughts

Marlof Bregonje wrote:
> This won't work in the Programs menu, so you'd have to lauch File
> Eplorer, go to the Windows/Start Menu/Programs directory, find the link
> and tap and hold and choose delete there.

Ah, yes. I was thinking of the Home (hardware button), Programs (tab) menu
on my Toshiba, as opposed to the Start/Programs menu.
!