Inherited Rights

I was wondering if anyone knew of a tool that I can use to view the explicit
rights on a folder? I know I can use XCACLS but it does not clearly show me
the explicit rights. I need to find all explicit rights for every folder in a
very cumbersome folder structure on a windows 2000 server.......Thanks,
1 answer Last reply
More about inherited rights

    On Fri, 1 Apr 2005 06:51:06 -0800, "Jason Steeves" <JasonSteeves@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

    >I was wondering if anyone knew of a tool that I can use to view the explicit
    >rights on a folder? I know I can use XCACLS but it does not clearly show me
    >the explicit rights. I need to find all explicit rights for every folder in a
    >very cumbersome folder structure on a windows 2000 server.......Thanks,

    See XCACLS.VBS, tip 8225 in the 'Tips & Tricks' at http://www.jsiinc.com
    When I run cscript //nologo c:\util\xcacls.vbs c:\zipnew , the This Folder Only entry under inheritance is explicit (I think).
    Starting XCACLS.VBS (Version: 5.2) Script at 04/01/2005 10:10:32

    Startup directory:
    "C:\"

    Arguments Used:
    Filename = "c:\zipnew"

    Directory: C:\ZIPNEW

    Permissions:
    Type Username Permissions Inheritance

    Allowed JSIINC\Jennifer Full Control This Folder, Subfolde
    Allowed BUILTIN\Administrators Full Control This Folder Only
    Allowed BUILTIN\Administrators Special (Unknown) Subfolders and Files
    Allowed NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM Full Control This Folder Only
    Allowed NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM Full Control Subfolders and Files
    Allowed JSIINC\Jerry Full Control This Folder Only
    Allowed \CREATOR OWNER Special (Unknown) Subfolders and Files
    Allowed BUILTIN\Users Read and Execute This Folder Only
    Allowed BUILTIN\Users Special (Unknown) Subfolders and Files
    Allowed BUILTIN\Users Advanced (Create Fold This Folder and Subfo
    Allowed BUILTIN\Users Advanced (Create File This Folder and Subfo

    No Auditing set

    Jerold Schulman
    Windows Server MVP
    JSI, Inc.