DS3 Overclocking with e6400 - Graphics jerky

dominiauk

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2006
Hi,

I've been overclocking my e6400 system on the Gig. DS3 and am having a few problems with my graphics card being very jerky after overclocking.

System spec: e6400, Ds4, Corsair XMS2 6400 4-4-4-12 1gb, Mem. multiplier 2. 7900GT Gainward, 256mb locked at 100mhz in the BIOS.

It doesn't really matter what speed I overclock to, 2.7ghz, 2.8 or even 3.1 (my maximum) all show the same problem with my graphics card. The pictures jumps even few seconds and basically isn't very smootth at all. However my system is stable, at about 46 temperaure. Note, the graphics are perfectly smooth at normal FSB speed.

I set the PCIe frequency to 100mhz from the default of auto - which I thought would be locking it but it doesn't seem to be hence the jerky graphics. Is there something else I have to do to lock it?

I'm using EasyTune 5 to acutally overclock.

Any help/pointers would be appreciated as it seems a waste to have a stable system but unusable because of the unsmooth graphics.

Thanks in advance,
Dominia

dominiauk

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2006
Hi,

I've updated to the latest nvidia drivers (91.47). Is that what you mean?
Basically the graphics work fine until I overclock so it's as if it's ignoring the pcie freq locked at 100.

Going to try to use F5 for Ds3 but not expecting much !

Update: Tried f5 still very choppy when I overclock...

Also EasyTune won't show me my PCIE freq speed - could this be related?

Dominia