Dose SP2 disable ie's javascript to create new folder?

Any href to the detail document that how SP2 affects the IE 6?

Thanks a lot.

Flybean

Flybean,

Changes to Functionality in Microsoft Windows XP Service Pack 2: Part 1: Introduction:
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/winxppro/maintain/sp2chngs.mspx

Changes to Functionality in Microsoft Windows XP Service Pack 2: Part 5: Enhanced Browsing Security:
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/winxppro/maintain/sp2brows.mspx

--
Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell/User
"Flybean" <flybean_zhou@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:Xns959796E23437flybeanzhouhotmailci@207.46.248.16...
Any href to the detail document that how SP2 affects the IE 6?

Thanks a lot.

Flybean

"Ramesh [MVP]" <ramesh@nojunkmails.com@mvps.org> wrote in

I had read these articles before. But I did not find any information that
if SP2 disabled JavaScript to create a local folder. So could you or any
one tell me exactly if it is disabled?

Thanks a lot.

Flybean

> Flybean,
>
> Changes to Functionality in Microsoft Windows XP Service Pack 2: Part
> 1: Introduction:
> http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/winxppro/maintain/sp2chngs
> .mspx
>
> Changes to Functionality in Microsoft Windows XP Service Pack 2: Part
> 5: Enhanced Browsing Security:
> http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/winxppro/maintain/sp2brows
> .mspx

Here, I make a more detail description of the web application.

Step 1.
Create a local folder;
Step 2.
Copy a .doc template to the new folder and rename it;
Step 3.
Open the document on the page(IE) using ActiveX object invocation, set
some values via javascript;

Before installing SP2, it works correct. After updated SP2, it dose not
work. So I think the problem should be:
A. Create local folder is not enabled anymore.
B. Some changes on invocation of ActiveX object.

I will try some tests these days.

Flybean

"Ramesh [MVP]" <ramesh@nojunkmails.com@mvps.org> wrote in

> Flybean,
>
> Changes to Functionality in Microsoft Windows XP Service Pack 2: Part
> 1: Introduction:
> http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/winxppro/maintain/sp2chngs
> .mspx
>
> Changes to Functionality in Microsoft Windows XP Service Pack 2: Part
> 5: Enhanced Browsing Security:
> http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/winxppro/maintain/sp2brows
> .mspx

See if the last part helps:

Unable to open local files from Internet Explorer window?
http://windowsxp.mvps.org/ie/elevlocalfile.htm

Disable_Local_Machine_Navigate

--
"Flybean" <flybean_zhou@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:Xns9597AAE5173F3flybeanzhouhotmailci@207.46.248.16...
Here, I make a more detail description of the web application.

Step 1.
Create a local folder;
Step 2.
Copy a .doc template to the new folder and rename it;
Step 3.
Open the document on the page(IE) using ActiveX object invocation, set
some values via javascript;

Before installing SP2, it works correct. After updated SP2, it dose not
work. So I think the problem should be:
A. Create local folder is not enabled anymore.
B. Some changes on invocation of ActiveX object.

I will try some tests these days.

Flybean

"Ramesh [MVP]" <ramesh@nojunkmails.com@mvps.org> wrote in

> Flybean,
>
> Changes to Functionality in Microsoft Windows XP Service Pack 2: Part
> 1: Introduction:
> http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/winxppro/maintain/sp2chngs
> .mspx
>
> Changes to Functionality in Microsoft Windows XP Service Pack 2: Part
> 5: Enhanced Browsing Security:
> http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/winxppro/maintain/sp2brows
> .mspx

Thanks a lot.

It works now. But I am afraid of the safty. I will do a test that open a
local document from internet instead of intranet.

Flybean
2004.11.05

TRENDING THREADS