Dose SP2 disable ie's javascript to create new folder?

Any href to the detail document that how SP2 affects the IE 6?

Thanks a lot.

Flybean
5 answers Last reply
More about dose disable javascript create folder

    Flybean,

    Changes to Functionality in Microsoft Windows XP Service Pack 2: Part 1: Introduction:
    http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/winxppro/maintain/sp2chngs.mspx

    Changes to Functionality in Microsoft Windows XP Service Pack 2: Part 5: Enhanced Browsing Security:
    http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/winxppro/maintain/sp2brows.mspx

    --
    Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
    Windows XP Shell/User
    "Flybean" <flybean_zhou@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:Xns959796E23437flybeanzhouhotmailci@207.46.248.16...
    Any href to the detail document that how SP2 affects the IE 6?

    Thanks a lot.

    Flybean

    "Ramesh [MVP]" <ramesh@nojunkmails.com@mvps.org> wrote in

    I had read these articles before. But I did not find any information that
    if SP2 disabled JavaScript to create a local folder. So could you or any
    one tell me exactly if it is disabled?

    Thanks a lot.

    Flybean

    > Flybean,
    >
    > Changes to Functionality in Microsoft Windows XP Service Pack 2: Part
    > 1: Introduction:
    > http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/winxppro/maintain/sp2chngs
    > .mspx
    >
    > Changes to Functionality in Microsoft Windows XP Service Pack 2: Part
    > 5: Enhanced Browsing Security:
    > http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/winxppro/maintain/sp2brows
    > .mspx

    Here, I make a more detail description of the web application.

    Step 1.
    Create a local folder;
    Step 2.
    Copy a .doc template to the new folder and rename it;
    Step 3.
    Open the document on the page(IE) using ActiveX object invocation, set
    some values via javascript;

    Before installing SP2, it works correct. After updated SP2, it dose not
    work. So I think the problem should be:
    A. Create local folder is not enabled anymore.
    B. Some changes on invocation of ActiveX object.

    I will try some tests these days.

    Flybean

    "Ramesh [MVP]" <ramesh@nojunkmails.com@mvps.org> wrote in

    > Flybean,
    >
    > Changes to Functionality in Microsoft Windows XP Service Pack 2: Part
    > 1: Introduction:
    > http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/winxppro/maintain/sp2chngs
    > .mspx
    >
    > Changes to Functionality in Microsoft Windows XP Service Pack 2: Part
    > 5: Enhanced Browsing Security:
    > http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/winxppro/maintain/sp2brows
    > .mspx

    See if the last part helps:

    Unable to open local files from Internet Explorer window?
    http://windowsxp.mvps.org/ie/elevlocalfile.htm

    Disable_Local_Machine_Navigate

    --
    "Flybean" <flybean_zhou@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:Xns9597AAE5173F3flybeanzhouhotmailci@207.46.248.16...
    Here, I make a more detail description of the web application.

    Step 1.
    Create a local folder;
    Step 2.
    Copy a .doc template to the new folder and rename it;
    Step 3.
    Open the document on the page(IE) using ActiveX object invocation, set
    some values via javascript;

    Before installing SP2, it works correct. After updated SP2, it dose not
    work. So I think the problem should be:
    A. Create local folder is not enabled anymore.
    B. Some changes on invocation of ActiveX object.

    I will try some tests these days.

    Flybean

    "Ramesh [MVP]" <ramesh@nojunkmails.com@mvps.org> wrote in

    > Flybean,
    >
    > Changes to Functionality in Microsoft Windows XP Service Pack 2: Part
    > 1: Introduction:
    > http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/winxppro/maintain/sp2chngs
    > .mspx
    >
    > Changes to Functionality in Microsoft Windows XP Service Pack 2: Part
    > 5: Enhanced Browsing Security:
    > http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/winxppro/maintain/sp2brows
    > .mspx

    Thanks a lot.

    It works now. But I am afraid of the safty. I will do a test that open a
    local document from internet instead of intranet.

    Flybean
    2004.11.05

Internet Explorer Javascript Microsoft Windows XP