How can you to tell where groups (or users) have permissio..

How can you find where a domain local group has been assigned to what
directories?

For example we have a domain local group name DLG_Admin, is there a utility
that can be run to show where that group has been assigned throughtout all
directories?

thanks,
Mar
2 answers Last reply
More about groups users permissio

    On Mon, 11 Apr 2005 12:29:01 -0700, Mar <Mar@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

    >How can you find where a domain local group has been assigned to what
    >directories?
    >
    >For example we have a domain local group name DLG_Admin, is there a utility
    >that can be run to show where that group has been assigned throughtout all
    >directories?
    >
    >thanks,
    >Mar

    In a batch:

    @echo off
    setlocal
    for /f "Tokens=*" %%a in ('dir /b /s /a c:\') do (
    for /f "Tokens=*" %%b in ('cacls "%%a"^|FIND /i "DLG_Admin"') do (
    @echo "%%a","%%b"
    )
    )
    endlocal

    See tip 424 in the 'Tips & Tricks' at http://www.jsifaq.com

    Jerold Schulman
    Windows Server MVP
    JSI, Inc.
    http://www.jsiinc.com

    Oops. Tip 425.

    On Mon, 11 Apr 2005 20:50:27 -0400, Jerold Schulman <Jerry@jsiinc.com> wrote:

    >On Mon, 11 Apr 2005 12:29:01 -0700, Mar <Mar@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
    >
    >>How can you find where a domain local group has been assigned to what
    >>directories?
    >>
    >>For example we have a domain local group name DLG_Admin, is there a utility
    >>that can be run to show where that group has been assigned throughtout all
    >>directories?
    >>
    >>thanks,
    >>Mar
    >

    >In a batch:
    >
    >@echo off
    >setlocal
    >for /f "Tokens=*" %%a in ('dir /b /s /a c:\') do (
    > for /f "Tokens=*" %%b in ('cacls "%%a"^|FIND /i "DLG_Admin"') do (
    > @echo "%%a","%%b"
    > )
    >)
    >endlocal