Font Corruption

Greetings. I am having some technical difficulties with my computer's font.
About two months or so ago, I don't know how, but my computer's font
(words/letters) have turned into characters, such as squares, triangles,
boxes, etc. By the way, I have a Windows 98 but I just recently updated it to
2000 Professional a couple of months before it happened. Can someone please
help me?

(PS: Sorry if I posted this in the incorrect place).

dl

You could try the 'system file checker' see help, allthough I'm unsure
whether this will cure font corruption.
BTW Many suggest that its better to do a clean install of Win2k, rather than
update, if thats what you did.