File Modified/Change Date

anyone know of a tool that i can use to carry out an analysis on a large NTFS
directory of files to determine things like:
files that have not changed in x number of years/months
files that have not been accessed in x number of years/months

thanks,
1 answer Last reply
More about file modified change date

    On Tue, 12 Apr 2005 03:27:02 -0700, paddyryan <paddyryan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

    >anyone know of a tool that i can use to carry out an analysis on a large NTFS
    >directory of files to determine things like:
    >files that have not changed in x number of years/months
    >files that have not been accessed in x number of years/months
    >
    >thanks,

    Using DatePorM from tip 8293 in the 'Tips & Tricks' at http://www.jsifaq.com
    I have scripted AnalDT.bat. The syntax is:
    AnalDT A|C days path
    where the first parameter is an A for date Accessed or a C for date Changed or Created.,
    days is the number of days ago
    and path is C or C:\user or D: etc..

    @echo off
    setlocal ENABLEDELAYEDEXPANSION
    if {%3}=={} goto err
    set AC=%1
    set /a days=10000%2%%10000
    if %days% LSS 0 goto DTN
    set /a days=0 - %days%
    :DTN
    set where=%3
    if /i "%AC%" EQU "A" goto OK
    if /i "%AC%" NEQ "C" goto err
    set AC=W
    :OK
    if not exist %where% goto err
    call DatePorM %days% DT
    set DTC=%DT:~6,4%%DT:~0,2%%DT:~3,2%
    for /f "Tokens=*" %%a in ('dir /b /s /a /a-d %where%') do (
    for /f "Tokens=1,2,3 Delims=/ " %%f in ('dir /a /T%AC% "%%a"^|FIND "/"') do (
    set MM=%%f
    set DD=%%g
    set YY=%%h
    set YY=!YY: =!